PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST TRIFECTA!!! (no content)

private joker
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
W000t! And it only took me 70,000 hands!

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (9.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7h 7c (full house, sevens full of aces).
MP2 has Ah 8h (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.20 BB. </font>

W. Deranged
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Nice hand, PJ...

I think you only get a 9 out of 10, though, losing one style point because villain's flop three-bet made the turn check-raise a little bit easier... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

private joker
10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand, PJ...

I think you only get a 9 out of 10, though, losing one style point because villain's flop three-bet made the turn check-raise a little bit easier... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point -- but I don't think I've ever seen a trifecta where the Hero wasn't 3-bet at some point.

Also, I think hand reading comes into play here, because the safe thing is usually to lead the river in this spot. But I soundly put Villain on an Ace, so it was safe to assume he'd be retarded and bet his trips.

Carmine
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Is the river C/R really a good move though. Once you raise the turn how does the river Ace help villian. You miss a bet against a decent player I think and if he is bad maybe you get to bet/3-bet.

I know it was fun but I think good poker is to bet out the river.

bambi
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I love it, wonder what the idiot thought you had, some people are just stupid

W. Deranged
10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
PJ... I'm just messing with you. You certainly played the hand perfectly. The river check-raise is excellent, as you've effectively represented a counterfeited two pair or even a missed draw/semi-bluff or something like that... Villain is likely to think "that A could not have helped you..."

Carmine
10-02-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PJ... I'm just messing with you. You certainly played the hand perfectly. The river check-raise is excellent, as you've effectively represented a counterfeited two pair or even a missed draw/semi-bluff or something like that... Villain is likely to think "that A could not have helped you..."

[/ QUOTE ]

What counterfieted two pair. 74/75 I doubt joker has that image. I still say too risky. If he is that bad he will raise the river. I opt to make 1 or 3 bets rather than 0 or 2

toss
10-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Nh. Now try for a super trifecta! CR PF.

private joker
10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What counterfieted two pair. 74/75 I doubt joker has that image. I still say too risky. If he is that bad he will raise the river. I opt to make 1 or 3 bets rather than 0 or 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this guy is a donk, and when donks see trip aces, they bet them. He doesn't think on the level of wondering what's been counterfeited of mine. He's like, "I have an ace, there are two on the board, and that makes it less likely this guy has another one. So I would feel weak just checking through with three aces, so I'll bet it."

So with that to go on, I think I'm getting 2BBs in pretty much all the time. Sure, betting might get me a 3-bet, but then I lost trifecta value. And Carmine, I think you're seriously undervaluing the trifecta. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carmine
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And Carmine, I think you're seriously undervaluing the trifecta. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know Joker is going to bed with a big grin on his face tonight

private joker
10-02-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know Joker is going to bed with a big grin on his face tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

I am! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the reason it took 70k hands is because I was *always* betting the river here because it was "good poker." This time I finally caught a river card that I knew he'd bet.

This hand was sexy. A hot chick from Brentwood called me about 45 minutes after I played this hand -- seriously.

brettbrettr
10-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Are you c/r'ing the river if the ace doesn't hit?

private joker
10-02-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

brettbrettr
10-02-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. I just wanted to be sure you thought money &gt; forum bragging rights.

Nick C
10-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't think I've ever actually even gone for a trifecta /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Anyway, though, one thing I'm curious about is this: After pulling off a trifecta or some other move where your opponent obviously got owned, is this more likely to make your opponent stick around to get back at you (and perhaps play even worse in the process) or to either leave or start playing a little better?

I don't know the answer, but it is something I used to wonder about on occasion, back when I went for checkraises more frequently.

I'd imagine that most players are so used to running into slowplays online that they kind of get used to running into trickily played monsters, though.

private joker
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, though, one thing I'm curious about is this: After pulling off a trifecta or some other move where your opponent obviously got owned, is this more likely to make your opponent stick around to get back at you (and perhaps play even worse in the process) or to either leave or start playing a little better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he did leave the table a few hands later. /images/graemlins/blush.gif However, I don't think we can really play with this kind of strategy in mind. Purposely sacrificing bets against fish so they don't leave is a tenuous theory -- first of all, another fish will probably come sit in his place, and secondly, because it's online he may not even notice or care about you specifically. In live play, I think this is a definite question, and it's probably best not to piss off the fish too much. But here, I think we can sleep soundly having owned someone in this fashion.