PDA

View Full Version : Correct Theory for Playing Hands Out of a 2/3 SB

mscags
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
The 15-30 Party Game has a SB of $10. With the SB being 2/3 of the BB what kind of odds do I need to have to play ANY TWO. There are times where I will be getting 12-1 or 15-1 and feel as if I should call but I have something like T2o or 93o. Anyone know an easy way to figure this out?

BarronVangorToth
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Check out HEPFAP p.45

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

10-03-2005, 12:15 AM
good question. i'd say that the most important thing is that yuo need kickers for sure with pairs.

MyTurn2Raise
10-03-2005, 12:20 AM
take a read of this to get a general idea...make adjustments as you feel necessary

http://poker.betfirms.com/holdempreflop-abdul.shtml

Andy B
10-08-2005, 01:47 PM
HP4AP has you play any two in this spot unless the big blind is a frequent raiser. One of the authors, I think Sklansky, expanded on this a few years ago. The very worst hands do show a small loss if you call. If you fold for $5, however, it may serve to alert your opponents that you're at least trying to play well, and the last thing you need is for your opponents to pay attention. At this level, more pots are raised than not, so you won't be faced with this decision all that often anyway. IIRC, automatically calling for $5 with any two costs something like a couple of dollars in expectation over the course of a typical session.

At $15/30, I usually play everything. At $30/60, which uses the same structure, I will usually throw away J6o and the like.