PDA

View Full Version : So I'm doing my marketing...

WackityWhiz
10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
and one of the questions I have to answer is this...

"Suppose research at panasonic reveals that prospective buyers are anxious about buying high-definition television sets. What srategies might you recommend to the company to reduce consumer anxiety?"

The connotative meaning I put with anxious and anxiety are really different, when the definition of them is practically identical.

when I think of anxious, I think of eager. When I think of anxiety, I think of uneasiness. Do any of you do this?

Los Feliz Slim
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
question hurt head

Cancer Merchant
10-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Depends on context. The second sentence clarifies which meaning to use.

Anxious can be worried, or wanting to. Squirming towards the port-o-potty as quickly as possible with your knees locked is a case of both.

chisness
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
i remember reading a few years ago that anxious is often misused as meaning eager, but it is really very common like "im so anxious to go shopping"

WackityWhiz
10-02-2005, 05:55 PM
sooo...

What srategies might you recommend to the company to reduce consumer anxiety?

wanna do my homework for me? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chisness
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
show them how good the picture is, explain how it works (will they need an extra box or will it just work with regular cable?), explain what stations it works with and what its expected to work with in future, etc.

WackityWhiz
10-02-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
show them how good the picture is, explain how it works (will they need an extra box or will it just work with regular cable?), explain what stations it works with and what its expected to work with in future, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif thanks

JaBlue
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes, I too often interpret anxious to mean eager and anxiety to mean uneasiness