PDA

View Full Version : Weak Laydown of 99s?

matt hooley
10-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

UTG is LAA! I clearly gave this pot away by not having that read at the time, I later saw the guy making flop raises with nothing and was able to take some of his money.

I believe however that even given no read on UTG I need to call the raise and continue to the turn at least. UTG can easily be raising hands I beat like A5 or a flush draw.
But what about if UTG was known to be LPP, then I think betting the flop and folding to a raise isn't so bad.

What do you all think about this hand?

jaxUp
10-02-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe however that even given no read on UTG I need to call the raise and continue to the turn at least. UTG can easily be raising hands I beat like A5 or a flush draw.
But what about if UTG was known to be LPP, then I think betting the flop and folding to a raise isn't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you've nailed it.

_Kevin_
10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I would need a read to continue. You only have 1 clean out (the 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is not a good card for you) if you are behind. Unless I knew he would raise a FD or as a bluff, I'd wait for a better spot.

POKhER
10-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Even if he is LPP don't expect a raise from LPP holding a queen.

Maybe if he held AQo or AQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Depends on the AF, i assume you have POKERTRACKER?

But yeh seems ok without a read.

10-02-2005, 06:29 PM
In my experience, having someone check raise the flop is highly unusual at the partypoker .50/1.00 tables. I would be startled by this and be puzzling over what to make of it.

The question is, is this a tricky player trying to sneak one more small flop bet out of you, or a tricky player trying to get both of you to fold?

If he had flopped some sort of great hand, one would think he would save that trickiness for the turn, not the flop, so I see him with at best Q with a weak kicker, and likely much less. I believe I'd call here, and wish I had a read on him.