mason55
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buckeyes are an easy 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahead of GA and FSU? No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that UGA and FSU would have ANY shot at the Buckeyes? With their defense, they would have a very good shot against USC.

mostsmooth
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
1.ND
who cares about the rest, plus, poles are stupid. so are polls

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You think that UGA and FSU would have ANY shot at the Buckeyes? With their defense, they would have a very good shot against USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohio State lost to Texas, at home.
FSU beat Miami and won at BC.
UGA (FWIW) beat Boise St. and held them to 13 pts.

And Ohio State wouldn't beat USC.

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. USC
2. Va Tech
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Florida ST.
6. Georgia
7. Ohio ST.
8. LSU
9. Tennessee
10. Miami

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you have LSU ahead of Tennessee?

PhatTBoll
10-02-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.ND
who cares about the rest, plus, poles are stupid. so are polls

[/ QUOTE ]

this + your avatar = you are my new favorite poster

otis_nixon
10-02-2005, 05:14 PM
don't really know kind of a toss up, and I just think LSU is a little more talented and would win if they meet again in sec championship which want happen( ALABAMA probably going to win it all, and if disagree don't even reply because I'm the man at this kind of stuff, you should call me the king of college football anaylsis. IT's over for USC as well they will lose to ND. their defense isn't even top 30 and offense doesn't win championships

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't really know kind of a toss up, and I just think LSU is a little more talented and would win if they meet again in sec championship which want happen( ALABAMA probably going to win it all, and if disagree don't even reply because I'm the man at this kind of stuff, you should call me the king of college football anaylsis. IT's over for USC as well they will lose to ND. their defense isn't even top 30 and offense doesn't win championships

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were the man at this kind of stuff, I would think you could spell poll correctly.

Jeff W
10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
1. USC
2. Texas
3. Va. Tech
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Georgia
7. Tennessee
8. Ohio State
9. Miami
10. Cal

Ranking LSU>Tennessee is a travesty. They might as well not even play the games if you're going to rank teams like that.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Just a general observation that there's no excuse for any top 10 to exclude Notre Dame.

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a general observation that there's no excuse for any top 10 to exclude Notre Dame.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Notre Dame should be ranked higher than Cal and probably Miami.

Jeff W
10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I debated between putting them or Cal at #10. There victory yesterday was impressive, but their loss to MSU was disappointing and Pitt/UM were both vastly overrated.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I debated between putting them or Cal at #10. There victory yesterday was impressive, but their loss to MSU was disappointing and Pitt/UM were both vastly overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've played by far the most difficult schedule in D-I YTD, most of those were on the freaking road in difficult venues, and their only loss came in OT. If their schedule and record against it isn't worthy of recognition, no one's is and teams may as well just schedule like Nebraska.

DrunkIrish05
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Illinois led Cal into 4th quarter, illinois lost to msu 300-14 or something the next week, look at cal's schedule and tell me they deserve to be ranked above nd

mmbt0ne
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I'd be surprised if UGA finished the year inside the top 15. They're very very very overrated right now.

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if UGA finished the year inside the top 15. They're very very very overrated right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they will finish in the top 15 with their pretty rough schedule. But I don't think they're overrated. They held Boise State to 13 and haven't given up more than 15 points in a game. (I know, weak schedule, but that's still something to keep in mind)

mmbt0ne
10-02-2005, 06:12 PM
I don't know. The way I rank teams is whether or not they would beat everyone except the teams ranked ahead of them, not just whether or not they've won.

Right now, my top 10 would be:

USC
VT
Texas
OSU
ND
Bama
Tenn
FSU
LSU
UGA/Miami

Also, GT shouldn't be below Auburn in both polls. That's ridiculous. We'll play them again, and beat them again if you want us too.

TomCollins
10-02-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FSU barely choked less than Miami and won at BC.
UGA (FWIW) beat a really crappy team and held them to 13 pts.

And Ohio State could beat USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

MEbenhoe
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM
1. USC
2. Texas
3. VT
4. Ohio State
5. FSU
6. Georgia
7. Tennessee
8. Notre Dame
9. Alabama
10. Wisconsin

daryn
10-02-2005, 06:17 PM
"pole"

"LOL"

MEbenhoe
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, GT shouldn't be below Auburn in both polls. That's ridiculous. We'll play them again, and beat them again if you want us too.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh cmon didnt anybody tell you you're not allowed to lose to VT? sheesh /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. USC
2. Texas
3. VT
4. Ohio State
5. FSU
6. Georgia
7. Tennessee
8. Notre Dame
9. Alabama
10. Wisconsin

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. But let's not be homers...yet.

MEbenhoe
10-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. USC
2. Texas
3. VT
4. Ohio State
5. FSU
6. Georgia
7. Tennessee
8. Notre Dame
9. Alabama
10. Wisconsin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

idk, I think they've been more impressive than miami, cal, or lsu thus far.

kschellenger
10-02-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. USC
2. Texas
3. VT
4. Ohio State
5. FSU
6. Georgia
7. Tennessee
8. Notre Dame
9. Alabama
10. Wisconsin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

idk, I think they've been more impressive than miami, cal, or lsu thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin has been more impressive than Miami.
Cal has been just as impressive. They've both dominated maybe an edge to UW because we beat Michigan. But, we're still overachieving defensively.
I think LSU is still better than Wisconsin. But, it'll be hard to compare since we don't really play any tough games on the road.

mmbt0ne
10-02-2005, 07:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

oh cmon didnt anybody tell you you're not allowed to lose to VT? sheesh /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. Damn Reggie for getting meningitis. It's ok though, once we go into Miami and expose the Hurricanes we should move back up.

mason55
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thus they should be ranked behind Texas
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FSU barely beat Miami and they looked awful doing it.
Who cares if they beat BC? OSU beat Iowa. What's your point?
[ QUOTE ]

UGA (FWIW) beat Boise St. and held them to 13 pts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know Boise St was the new measuring stick for greatness
[ QUOTE ]

And Ohio State wouldn't beat USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to say OSU will probably play them in the Rose Bowl, but not after the way USC played yesterday in the first half.

Pudge714
10-02-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FSU barely beat Miami and they looked awful doing it.
Who cares if they beat BC? OSU beat Iowa. What's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might add the if Miami had a competent field goal unit they win that game, and if they win that game they are number 3 or 4 in the country, and FSU wouldn't be in the top ten.

otis_nixon
10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I agree ND is good, But theirs no way in hell GT is going to be ranked over Auburn even though they beat them at Auburn. I mean cox had 3 int. in the 4th quarter it shouldn't of even been a close game they blew it. And ALabama at 9 that's ridiculous best D in the country right now, and its not even close( besides VT), and their are two teams in the country who can beat usc right now and that is VT, Alabama. I mean jesus Arizona state had them beat and their crappy d fell apart, and LSU played mediocre and beat them.

ClaytonN
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're a lot like Ohio State was when they won the national chamnpionship. Not saying UGA is anywhere close to being the number 1 team, but we have a very average offense and a very good defense.

The game against Tennessee will be a barometer for where UGA is. If we get rammed, then I definitely agree we have no place in the top 20.

However, if we DO beat UT, we're definitely capable of beating the other teams. I've said all along that I think UGA is going to lose two games and probably finish like #12, but anything better than that is going to be awesome.

pokerdirty
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Ohio St.
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. California
8. Notre Dame
9. Penn State
10. Arizona State.

Yeah, I said it, USC is not number 1. Sure, they have won 100000 straight games, and make awesome comebacks, but one of these weeks something is going to go wrong. Their defense is beat to hell too.

Texas has won the biggest game of the year on the road, so they get the nod at number one, even though I think any of the top 3 (+ OSU, but they lost) teams could be number one.

No FSU (barely beat UM), no Miami (lost to UM), no Tennessee (overrated).

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon. And Arizona State should be 5-0, if Katrina doesn't hit Louisina, and if they could knock balls down instead of tipping them to USC players.

kyro
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Ohio St.
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. California
8. Notre Dame
9. Penn State
10. Arizona State.

Yeah, I said it, USC is not number 1. Sure, they have won 100000 straight games, and make awesome comebacks, but one of these weeks something is going to go wrong. Their defense is beat to hell too.

Texas has won the biggest game of the year on the road, so they get the nod at number one, even though I think any of the top 3 (+ OSU, but they lost) teams could be number one.

No FSU (barely beat UM), no Miami (lost to UM), no Tennessee (overrated).

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon. And Arizona State should be 5-0, if Katrina doesn't hit Louisina, and if they could knock balls down instead of tipping them to USC players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I love you. In a completely non-homosexual sort of way.

Also, nobody aired the PSU/Minny game yesterday. I was so pissed that I missed it. That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e

smb394
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
kryo,

the game yesterday was amazing. a complete ass-kicking. i couldn't turn away from the tv.

i'm going up to state college on thurs. i have to decide if i'm going into the game or not with tickets now going for $150ish.

kyro
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
kryo,

the game yesterday was amazing. a complete ass-kicking. i couldn't turn away from the tv.

i'm going up to state college on thurs. i have to decide if i'm going into the game or not with tickets now going for $150ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

A floormate from last year is selling me his for $20. This will be awesome. I'm getting hard just thinking about it. My girlfriend goes there still (haven't seen her since August) and of course all my friends from last year. This will easily be the best weekend of my life, win or lose.

mason55
10-03-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSU might be the Buckeye's toughest game of the season. I can't believe they're still underrated after the way they handled Minnesota (a game I won a bunch of money, I might add /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

JoeC
10-03-2005, 02:03 AM
I'll show you a top college pole.

MCS
10-03-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll show you a top college pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best response by far.

johnnybeef
10-03-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSU might be the Buckeye's toughest game of the season. I can't believe they're still underrated after the way they handled Minnesota (a game I won a bunch of money, I might add /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Buckeyes toughest game of the season will be in Ann Arbor as it is every year. Going into Michigan is one of the toughest places to play, and the fact that it is OSU UM makes it even more so.

CCass
10-03-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They've played by far the most difficult schedule in D-I YTD, most of those were on the freaking road in difficult venues, and their only loss came in OT. If their schedule and record against it isn't worthy of recognition, no one's is and teams may as well just schedule like Nebraska.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think ND's schedule YTD has been tougher than Tenn's? Tenn played at UF (ranked in the top 5 at the time) and at LSU (ranked in the top 5 at the time).

pokerdirty
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You think ND's schedule YTD has been tougher than Tenn's? Tenn played at UF (ranked in the top 5 at the time) and at LSU (ranked in the top 5 at the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennessee is overrated. Sorry bud.

CCass
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask if Tenn was overrated or not (they probably are), but thanks for your opinion.

pokerdirty
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask if Tenn was overrated or not (they probably are), but thanks for your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

pointless bickering. ND plays Tenn in about a month. it will be settled then.

CCass
10-03-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I ask a question about which team had a tougher schedule, not who was the better team. Which team wins in a month has nothing to do with who has the toughest schedule.

junkmail3
10-03-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't go to the Nebraska game at Beaver Stadium.

kyro
10-03-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. This will be twenty times better. And I'm not selling the Nebraska game short. It will just have to take #2 for now.

pokerdirty
10-03-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I ask a question about which team had a tougher schedule, not who was the better team. Which team wins in a month has nothing to do with who has the toughest schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but i know where your argument is going.

to finally answer your question, without a doubt, tennessee has had the harder schedule. that should be obvious to everyone. that said, they are still overrated, and we will find out when ND play Tenn in about a month. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

smb394
10-04-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. This will be twenty times better. And I'm not selling the Nebraska game short. It will just have to take #2 for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the Nebraska game, but I'm expecting much more out of this game. I'm going to try to find a ticket before kickoff. Don't want to spend &gt;$125.

Still tailgating, and going to the Skeller if I can't find a ticket.

lastchance
10-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

kschellenger
10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan? No!

lastchance
10-04-2005, 01:24 AM
The only teams they've lost 2 are ND and Wisconsin, both of which are very, very good. They just handed MSU their ass. Not an easy schedule for them, and they've mauled the bad teams.

Clarkmeister
10-04-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they've mauled the bad teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the opener against NIU?? They didn't exactly look all-world in that one.

I think they are a pretty good team, but let's not go overboard. They haven't mauled the bad teams, and they definitely didn't hand MSU their ass.

brettbrettr
10-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Wisconsin is not that good.

MCS
10-04-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think Miami is that good? Michigan surprises me too.

I would take Alabama over either of them.

EDIT: And Sagarin predictor says I would be wrong.

(4) Michigan
(6) Miami (FL)
(16) Alabama

Interestingly, though, Alabama is ranked NUMBER ONE in Sagarin Elo-chess, which is what the BCS uses.

Go_Blue88
10-04-2005, 02:43 AM
I think that you completely overrate FSU and Miami. If anything I think Miami is better than FSU. Also, wait till next weekend before you put Alabama at number 4. Texas should be ahead of Va Tech. USC is just scary; I feel like they haven't even tried yet.

Go_Blue88
10-04-2005, 02:50 AM
While I think that it's cool that you have respect for Michigan, some of your logic seems slightly erroneous. First, who cares if they rape the bad teams? I mean Eastern Michigan looked like a high school team out there, and NIU only had a good running back. We're expected to maul those teams (which you know). Anyways, we lost to ND b/c Hart was injured and Henne played like a jackass. We never should have lost that game; we shut down ND the second half. Moreover, Wisconsin is not a good team. I was not impressed with them AT ALL. Stocco is TERRIBLE; GOD I DONT KNOW HOW WE LOST TO THEM. We went into that game knowing that Calhoun was the only threat, YET HE TORE US APART THE SECOND HALF. WOW, insanely frustrating to watch.

Having said that, as we proved against MSU, when Henne plays well and Hart is in the game, we're pretty tough to stop. MSU's secondary sucks, and we took advantage of that with Manningham (aka Brailon Jr.). If we can play consistently well then I agree that we're a top 10 team, but until we prove we can do this, we deserve what we got.

kyro
10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the Nebraska game, but I'm expecting much more out of this game. I'm going to try to find a ticket before kickoff. Don't want to spend &gt;$125.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of a blowout, which I highly doubt will happen, the Stadium will be rocking from 30 minutes before the game starts, until the last play. I can only imagine what will happen if we win.

pokerdirty
10-04-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of a blowout, which I highly doubt will happen, the Stadium will be rocking from 30 minutes before the game starts, until the last play. I can only imagine what will happen if we win.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad you'll only find out what happens after you lose /images/graemlins/grin.gif

smb394
10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad you'll only find out what happens after you lose /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We trash the ESPN Gameday set, though that might happen either way.

otis_nixon
10-05-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tier 1:
USC
Texas
Va Tech

Tier 2:
Michigan
LSU
Notre Dame
Miami
Wisconsin
Florida State
Ohio State

[/ QUOTE ]

You know little about college football, this is obvious
Michigan WTF, Wisconsin wow, Notre Dame win this weekend and ok, LSU an no Alabama TN or Georgia. Wisconsin doesn't play anyone