PDA

View Full Version : yeah or nah, and another WTF moment

irishpint
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
2 hands later, no reads. i'm not going to lead this into 4 players, but when button bets and SB folds I think i have to c/r and try to get it heads up me vs a button who is betting nearly anything in this situation. when it gets cold called and 3bet I'm thinking i'm in trouble. regardless, the c/r was the right move, si?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: kfly is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, kfly checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, kfly checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">kfly raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, kfly calls, MP calls.

MrWookie47
10-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure. I'd want a better kicker with my 6 or a heart. If I head the T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, then at least I'd know that if I hit 2 pair, it wasn't an out for someone else. Given how low your pair is, and the fact that there are two hearts, you're pretty likely to be outdrawn. I could see folding this flop because of reverse implied odds.

irishpint
10-02-2005, 02:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I'm not sure. I'd want a better kicker with my 6 or a heart. If I head the T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, then at least I'd know that if I hit 2 pair, it wasn't an out for someone else. Given how low your pair is, and the fact that there are two hearts, you're pretty likely to be outdrawn. I could see folding this flop because of reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

a bet from anywhere else and i probably was. but when button bets when checked to, SB folds and it's my action I think I have the best hand a large % of the time and folding becomes a mistake.

10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I would have folded to button's flop bet.
Even if he is betting with anything in this situation, I'd let him get away with it and encourage him to bet in this situation more.
Like Wookie said, if you have the T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, it may be a different story. At the moment, all you've got is 2nd pair with a mediocre kicker.