PDA

View Full Version : Place distribution: leak or variance?

10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
(i'm relativly new to poker, but i've done my homework (2+2, numerous books, etc)

i've recently started playing $5+1 SnG.
# of tourneys: 75
FITM: 46.48
ROI: 13.85
1st: 7
2nd: 10
3rd: 16

i realize that variance could EASILY cause this type of distribution, but does this look like a leak to you? I really cant tell myself, and dont know if i need to look at fixing/changing somthing major in my game.

Sabrazack
10-02-2005, 02:09 PM
You have DEFINATELY NOT done your homework if you are posting ANY kind of place distribution based on 75 tournaments. 75 tournaments is nothing, abolutely nothing.

10-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Look at the hand histories from your 3rd place finishes. Post hands where you weren't sure you made the right decision.

Ogre
10-02-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
# of tourneys: 75

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a small sample but you might suck

10-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have DEFINATELY NOT done your homework if you are posting ANY kind of place distribution based on 75 tournaments. 75 tournaments is nothing, abolutely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Sab! that's so insightful! you must be incredible at reading people cuz you're right, i just made up all that crap about reading on 2+2, and all those books. you should probably give lessons or something!

meanwhile lets pretend i already knew 75 is a low amount of tourney's, but that i was a bit concerned and wanted to avoid any possible leaks, reguardless of how many SnG's i've played. waiting until i had 500 under my belt and then going "hmmm, mabye i've got a problem" seems foolish. if you think it's soley variance that's fine. if ,however, you faced a similar problem what adjustments did you make?

beeyjay
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
anything that makes me laugh out loud after a bad run has to be good for a bump

splashpot
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Sab! that's so insightful! you must be incredible at reading people cuz you're right, i just made up all that crap about reading on 2+2, and all those books. you should probably give lessons or something!

meanwhile lets pretend i already knew 75 is a low amount of tourney's, but that i was a bit concerned and wanted to avoid any possible leaks, reguardless of how many SnG's i've played. waiting until i had 500 under my belt and then going "hmmm, mabye i've got a problem" seems foolish. if you think it's soley variance that's fine. if ,however, you faced a similar problem what adjustments did you make?

[/ QUOTE ]
How are we supposed to know if you have leaks? The other guy was right. These 75 tournies tell us absolutely NOTHING about the way you play. How the hell are we supposed to know if your play is correct when we don't know how you play.

10-02-2005, 05:51 PM
After my fist 200 $11s I had more 3rds than 1sts, after another 200 it was the other way around. This is why no one gives a [censored] about 75. We can't help you unless you post some hands.

raptor517
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
can we make a rule? no questions about variance unless you have played 5k sngs? ok good. holla

Sabrazack
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
The only adjustment i would make is play more SNG:s.

No, seriously, just read posts about the bubble here on the forum and see how the experts opinions compare to your game.

stillbr
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After my fist 200 $11s I had more 3rds than 1sts, after another 200 it was the other way around. This is why no one gives a [censored] about 75. We can't help you unless you post some hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks to be the adive he was looking for. Geeze most of you people must hate yoursleves. How hard is it to say--

"Yes 75 sngs is wayyyyyy to small to tell anything about place distribution. There is not any advice we can give you besides post hands & study."

All of you were noobs once too.