PDA

View Full Version : Baseball blubberings: Astros -Cards- Arizona-Mariners- et. al.

Zeno
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
The Astros, behind Oswalt, will win today.

But then how does that set up their rotation for the clash with the Cards? The Cards play the Reds today in a game that has little meaning, besides getting to 100 wins, which does have that nice ring to it, but they must sweep the Reds to get it. The Cards have Morris flinging today.

So how is Tony going to set up his pitching rotation?

In much more mundane and boring news, the D-Backs have won 7 straight and should complete a sweep of the lackluster and goofball SF Giants, one of the more dysfunctional and idiotic teams in baseball. Brandon Webb is on the mound for Arizona to finish out the season. It's in the bag - And if so; Arizona ends with the season a paltry 78-84. But that's an improvement of 27 more wins than last year. Progress.

Two players you will here more about in the future from the D-Backs:

Tony Clark , for 130 games to date, he has a .304 BA with 30 HR, 87 RBI, an OBP of .366 and SLG of .636

Chad Tracy , for 144 games to date, he has a .309 BA with 27 HR, 72 RBI, an OBP of .359 and SLG of .553

The Mariners have someone on their team that has at least 200 hits per year for 5 years straight.

One last remark:

At least half of what sports announcers say is garbage. And some spew garbage out at an incredible rate. When I watch a game, the mute is almost always on. It's better that way.

-Zeno

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Cards rotation is Carpenter, Mulder, Morris and likely Marquis. The first 3 are set. Marquis supposedly has the slight edge over Suppan right now. Frankly, I prefer Suppan, but it's not the first time I've disagreed with TLR.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cards rotation is Carpenter, Mulder, Morris and likely Marquis. The first 3 are set. Marquis supposedly has the slight edge over Suppan right now. Frankly, I prefer Suppan, but it's not the first time I've disagreed with TLR.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Astros and Cards meet in the playoffs, do you think the Astros will sweep the Cards or will the Cards take a game?

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Astros and Cards meet in the playoffs, do you think the Astros will sweep the Cards or will the Cards take a game?

[/ QUOTE ]

You better worry about getting in the playoffs. Right now you are looking at flying to Philly tomorrow for the one game play-in, which is bad when your team struggles to score more than 0 runs a game.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 03:48 PM
If the Astros win the NL Wild Card it'll be STL vs SD and HOU vs ATL in the NLDS. Or are you assuming they both win those?

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the Astros win the NL Wild Card it'll be STL vs SD and HOU vs ATL in the NLDS. Or are you assuming they both win those?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's (correctly) assuming both teams advance.

But that's if Houston makes it in.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's (correctly) assuming both teams advance.

But that's if Houston makes it in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tie game right now. I'm biting my nails.

If we're assuming they both win, then obv their rotation for the NLCS will depend entirely on how they fare in their respective NLDS, so who knows?

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Tie game right now. I'm biting my nails.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you lose to the Cubs, you should feel great shame.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you lose to the Cubs, you should feel great shame.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-base errors rule! Houston fans reaching out for that ball do not, wtf.

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
The Cubs are the worst ever. Let there never be any doubt. Their suckiness surpasses even Cleveland.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Tying run to the plate in the 9th. I bet you're pissed right now. Don't worry though, it's the Cubs we are talking about. You'll be fine.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
1 out. GO LIDGE!!!!!

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 out. GO LIDGE!!!!!

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh. It's the Cubs. You're safe as can be.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:43 PM
oh boy. Now I bet you're really nervous.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh god. I'm a wreck right now.

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh god. I'm a wreck right now.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Another blunder. Single ties the game. All or nothing now.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Geez you're quick. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez you're quick. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember. Cubs. Easy money.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Phew. Postseason baby! See ya in the NLCS. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that last one was a single when it came off the bat. Then I remembered what team I was talking about.

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that last one was a single when it came off the bat. Then I remembered what team I was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it definitely made my heart skip a beat when it came off the bat. I should come out to watch the NLCS again since I'm a perfect 3-0 watching HOU-STL games with you. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it definitely made my heart skip a beat when it came off the bat. I should come out to watch the NLCS again since I'm a perfect 3-0 watching HOU-STL games with you. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully, none of them ultimately mattered. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm really hoping it's a Cards/Sox World Series. I'd have a legitimate chance at seeing every game, work permitting.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sure felt like a base hit.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really hoping it's a Cards/Sox World Series. I'd have a legitimate chance at seeing every game, work permitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to be really devastated when the Astros beat the Cards.

Zeno
10-02-2005, 06:10 PM
The Cards will sweep. The Astros will not.

Anyway, I was just curious to know how Tony was going to set up his pitching rotation.

-Zeno

Zeno
10-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I hope the Cards and Astros meet.

I expect money to be exchanging hands if they do.

-Zeno

nolanfan34
10-03-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to be really devastated when the Astros beat the Cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm already looking forward to my two drinks. And I get to pick them, right, because I don't want you trying to say that the two drinks are The Chinese, or something.