PDA

View Full Version : Art Brut: "Bang Bang Rock and Roll"

bdk3clash
10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
How can you not love a band with the following lyrics:

We're gonna be the band that writes the song
that makes Israel and Palestine get along.

This album kicks much ass. Highly recommended if you like the angular artsy UK punk stuff like Franz Ferdinand or Bloc Party, though this has a less polished sound and the lead singer seems to just rant his way through songs. (This is a good thing.) Besides, they're all just ripping off Gang of Four anyway. (This is also a good thing.)

bdk3clash
10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Bump for the working stiffs. Anyone else heard this album? What do you think?

Soul Daddy
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I liked it a lot more than I thought I should, given that the singer seemingly talks his lyrics for most of the album. More punkish than the others, it's a fun record. And quite catchy.

zephed
10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
What exactly does "angular" mean in this context?

bdk3clash
10-03-2005, 06:44 PM
That they sound like Gang of Four.

zephed
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
What does "angular" mean when describing a rock band?

bdk3clash
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Sparse, metallic, funky post-punk guitar music. Like Gang of Four, some PIL, more recently Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party.

Is this really that difficult of a concept or are you subtly accusing me of being a pretentious, elitist rock snob? (I am.)

zephed
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sparse, metallic, funky post-punk guitar music. Like Gang of Four, some PIL, more recently Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party.

Is this really that difficult of a concept or are you subtly accusing me of being a pretentious, elitist rock snob? (I am.)

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not being tricky.