PDA

View Full Version : KK Confusion

10-02-2005, 12:48 PM
UTG+1 is 18/14.6/3.27 over 180 hands. MP3 is posting his first hand and unknown.

Preflop and flop standard?

I got real confused on the turn and checked. Too weak? How often am I ahead here? How often do I need to be ahead here to justify a bet, given the 10 (discount of 1) outs if I am behind?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Thanks,
Andrew

10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Bump.

Sorry, is this too boring a hand? Maybe my subject line sucks. Anyway, I figured I would give it one more shot.

Thanks,
Andrew

W. Deranged
10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Sup dude...

Take a look at the digest for the hand I posted "Odd KK Hand Against Hobbsman-Foxwoods 20/40"... it has some interesting similarities that you might like to look at.

Basically, I found myself in a similar position as you did on the flop, having to call two cold on the flop after raising with a KK overpair.

In your situation, I think betting the turn is probably better than checking. You have a big draw now which is going to be a good a high percentage of the time. You may well be beating UTG+1, who seems likely to have JJ, QQ, KK (against which you're free-rolling) or AA; against the range you seem to be in pretty good shape. I doubt MP3 would cap here and check with a made flush; you'll get check-raised sometimes here by a flush, but not often, and you have outs and may be against two opponents (providing decent "pot-padding") if you do. Betting the turn may keep you out of the difficult position of potentially having to overcall the river.

Checking here is certainly not bad, in my opinion, though I think betting is a little better. They are very close, and I'd like to here an argument for why checking is much better.

10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Sounds like UTG+1 has an overpair or possibly AQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. With all the action he may have been hoping to cr with his nut flush, but he probably would have bet out with it given his stats. MP3 probably has a set seeing that he checked the turn, but if he's terrible he could have 2 pair. Take the free card, because you aren't ahead very often here, but there's enough of a chance that you're up against aces and a set or two sets that a king or club on the river will win for you.

BigEndian
10-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I like your check-through on the turn. Good job adjusting fire.

- Jim