PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet flop to clean up outs?

benkath1
10-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry guys, no real reads on anybody. UTG is playing about half his hands, and the rest seem LP.

Is this flop worth raising to clean up any outs?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero ????

10-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Looks good.

Played it well betting into preflop raiser protecting your strong drawing hand in a big pot.

I just call his raise here.

numeri
10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
What are these "outs" you speak of?

car ramrod
10-02-2005, 11:06 AM
what outs are you trying to clean up?

just call.

kapw7
10-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I think calling is the standard here. You could 3-bet but you would need better reads on both players. Will UTG fold a mediocre hand or will he call passively. Is CO so passive that he would raise the flop only with a monster AA/KK/AK etc or can he raise here with lesser hands (Ax) to protect?

Fantam
10-02-2005, 11:16 AM
I doubt whether you can clean up any outs by 3-betting the flop.

CO could have a K, a high pocket pair or say AK. So if you pair your Ace, you could either win or be behind to CO. Also I doubt that pairing your 7 would give you the best hand.

The other point is that with UTG being loose, you probably want him to remain in the hand, most likely contributing dead money for the times you win.

So I would call the flop raise and hope to make your nut flush, calling down if you pair your Ace.

Redd
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I'd rather check-raise it here. The pfr isn't leaving on the flop so your ace outs will never be very clean, and I'd rather trap 2 guys than 1.

10-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't understand what outs you're trying to clean up. AK isn't folding, A5 has you beat bad, and CO likely has paired his king so hitting your 7 would be worthless.

I would have C/R the flop and probably call a 3-bet instead of cap (unless there still were a bunch of callers).

10-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Grunch:

Answer depends on what I think UTG will do. Since I don't know I probably call (I want two riders along for when my flush hits the fan).

I think I like the c/r for value better though.

irishpint
10-02-2005, 02:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Honestly, I'd rather check-raise it here. The pfr isn't leaving on the flop so your ace outs will never be very clean, and I'd rather trap 2 guys than 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I think a c/r would have been better for that purpose. Do you have the best hand here?. What if it gets capped?

milesdyson
10-02-2005, 04:35 PM
you should have checked the flop