PDA

View Full Version : Singh: Sörenstam hits like a girlie

gdaily
05-18-2003, 10:33 AM
The world of golf is never to be as it once was, after it has been announced that Annika Sörenstam is going to play one tournament in the US Mens tour.

While many welcome the possibility to see one of the golf greatest woman competing againts the best of the men, there are others that are not so thrilled: One that dont like that Sörenstam gets the chance is the veteran Vijay Singh. To twoplustwo mr Singh sayt that it is absurd that Sörenstam competes against men.

- It is a crime against the order of the nature. As I know it, no other spiecis let thier males and females play golf against eachother.

Singh says later that he has been misquoted, and wants to make a correction:

-I am against Sörenstam not because I lack the feeling for fair play, but because I think that girls age gross. They just play around all the time. And they hit like girlies!

2+2: -So there is a difference between how men and women hit the ball?

-Difference and difference... They are girls. So they hit like girlies...

Mr Singh means that men generally is stronger than women.

-So far very single tournament at the mens tour has been won by a man! Dont that say something about the difference in strength beetween the sexes? I have by the way seen many women tournaments on TV and they are pathetic. The women does not even have the power to carry their own golf bags!

2+2: But you do not carry your own bags either, do you?

-Thats different! We have caddies!

Mr Singh also states that a golfcourse is way to dangerous place for a woman to be. He points out a couple of scary things that could happen:

-She can be hit by the ball. She can fall in a bunker. She can trip over the flag pole. She can hurt her little foot in the hole. She can hear obcene words from a co-player. And by far the worst: She can have "time of the month". What if that happens anywhere at the 14:th hole, and there is no doctor along?

2+2: Doctor?

-Yes, or anybody else that can get her to the hospital in a hurry.

His most servere objection is saved till the end. Its about the economic situation:

-Everybody kows what will happen with the payments if we let in women. The risk is that we have to play for needle money in the future. And what is men going to do with needlemoney? We dont use needles!

Easy E
05-19-2003, 03:53 PM
While it may have been smart for him to pull out (from a political and long-term strategy standpoint), I think that anyone who makes the types of comments that he did, and then RUNS, is a wuss.

Bill Murphy
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Funny how the two guys that've smacked Yipnnika the most finish 1-2 the week before.

VJ made the absolute right call. He's still not 100% physically, the Memorial & US Open are coming up, he'd be the 2nd most press-hounded person at Colonial, etc, etc.

Take the million bucks and lay low. Kinda like Julian Gardner after the WSOP last year! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

HDPM
05-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Notice how he also said that he promised his wife if he won Byron he'd take Colonial week off? How lame is that to run smack on a woman then hide behind the wife's skirts on showdown week. Vijay is lame.