PDA

View Full Version : i started a wesbite about poker

KaneKungFu123
10-02-2005, 09:08 AM
www.splashpots.com (http://www.splashpots.com)

i normally just scribble crap in a notebook. figured this would be a good back up if the irs was to ever audit me, clearly showing the thought and time that goes into playing poker, and the career approach. everything on the site is pretty self explanatory.

Yeti
10-02-2005, 09:12 AM
i /images/graemlins/heart.gif you.

Heimdal
10-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Nice

Out of curiosity: Why are you doing this? And do you hold anything back?

KaneKungFu123
10-02-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice

Out of curiosity: Why are you doing this? And do you hold anything back?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i normally just scribble crap in a notebook. figured this would be a good back up if the irs was to ever audit me, clearly showing the thought and time that goes into playing poker, and the career approach. everything on the site is pretty self explanatory.

2. yes.

10-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Haha, I just did the same thing, and I also scribble on paper sitting around my desk.... pretty funny looking around my desk at all the pieces of white paper covered in unreadable red scribble...

AEKDBet
10-02-2005, 11:31 AM
why purple?

KaneKungFu123
10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why purple?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was blue?

lapoker17
10-02-2005, 02:16 PM
when are you taking it public?

captZEEbo1
10-02-2005, 02:18 PM
You should put more pictures up!!!! Like maybe one of yourself. Sorry to sound like a tool, but I like pictures. And if you want, you could link it in your 2+2 profile.

Lucky
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
thanks, ill read it regularly. Btw, if you get audited, im guessing your computer will be of good use as well as website to IRS, not to mention cross referencing to twoplustwo.

Anyway, it looks like you are honest and straightforward about taxes. keep writing.

AEKDBet
10-02-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why purple?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was blue?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its more purple-ish.

But I dunno, I expected someone to argue that it was indigo, or violet or fuchia or some crap like that. I just lump them all in the purple category.

I wasn't hating tho.

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/help/reference/colors/?rowsize=8&bgcolor=9999FF

edge
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should put more pictures up!!!! Like maybe one of yourself. Sorry to sound like a tool, but I like pictures. And if you want, you could link it in your 2+2 profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a crush on Kane as well. Should we tell him?

DO YOU LIKE ME?

CHECK ONE PLEASE

[] YES
[] NO

Prevaricator
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
the best piece of advice:

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be lazy on rainy days. Poker is a small part of your life. Get the hours in and then
get outside and enjoy your youth and dashingly good looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

FoxwoodsFiend
10-02-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. i normally just scribble crap in a notebook. figured this would be a good back up if the irs was to ever audit me, clearly showing the thought and time that goes into playing poker, and the career approach. everything on the site is pretty self explanatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't know too much about Thai tax policy, but I hardly doubt that any government agency's stand on poker is going to be dependent on some heart-to-heart with KKF about whether poker involves deep thought and analysis. Even less probable is that your web site would somehow get you credibility on the subject. I would imagine their policy on poker is established independent of what you do to dissaude them-am I crazy or is there something I'm not taking into account?

Lucky
10-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I for one also find Kane dreamy.

Richie Rich
10-03-2005, 02:27 AM
I like how you established a "copyright" on your October 2nd article...for free, of course /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KaneKungFu123
10-03-2005, 04:13 AM
this has nothing to do with thai taxes. i keep other records for irs. you have to show that you are taking a professional approach (conducting business), i think this helps along those lines.

theBruiser500
10-03-2005, 06:04 PM
looks like a damn fine site kane

Dominic
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
good for you, but you may want to review what you write before posting, to catch any spelling/typographical errors.

cero_z
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi KKF,

Well done, sir. Your site is on my favorites list. Congrats also on your success in the Party game; that is a lot of freaking hands.

theBruiser500
10-04-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi KKF,

Well done, sir. Your site is on my favorites list. Congrats also on your success in the Party game; that is a lot of freaking hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i didn't do the math out but with that many hands and what i'm guessing to be your skill level and hourly earn you might have made more than everyone or a lot of people

DonButtons
10-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Plus that he lives in Thailand, and pays nothing for rent and expenses, so he's prob. made more than most after expenses especially.

Im mostly interested in how he can play so many hands, while still enjoying life and all that.

Im trying to play 1-3 hrs per per day, 4-5 days a week, and making sure to go out 2/3 nights on thursday, friday, and saturday. I dont really play during the day, but like the 8-2am est time period to play in. Hopefully I can kick it up to like 4hrs per day, so I can be a lil' richer and help pay off my huge expenses (new range rover, expensive night clubs and all those vegas strippers).

KaneKungFu123
10-04-2005, 06:19 AM
its an average of 5hrs/day.

i actually averaged probally 2100-2200 in june alone.

i probally never took a day off from playing, but managed to go to singapore 2 times on vacation and to beach for 3 days.

the first 20 hours comes easily, and the last 15 hours is forced.

i usually play 3 hours as soon as i wake up. then will manage to play later on in the day, almost never taking a day off. i dont really see why people take days off when you can easily throw in 2-3 hours before you sleep or when you wake up.

i also dont watch television, so maybe that makes it easier.

KaneKungFu123
10-04-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good for you, but you may want to review what you write before posting, to catch any spelling/typographical errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

it has a spell checker buy maybe it missed a few words. dunno, its pretty hard for me to put three complete sentences together.

vanHelsing
10-04-2005, 09:57 AM
from your site:
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be lazy and sit in
a game that is no longer Short handed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that mean you play exclusively tables that are SHed?

KaneKungFu123
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
from your site:
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be lazy and sit in
a game that is no longer Short handed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that mean you play exclusively tables that are SHed?

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to. on party the tables fill up fast and its a bitch to constantly be closing them out and starting new. but other times ill be lazy and just play 10 handed.

anduril
10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
how come you prefer SH over full tables? Do people make bigger mistakes or do you just feel more comfortable there?

Yeti
10-04-2005, 10:25 AM
They aren't as boring.

edge
10-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I prefer short because I haven't played full in probably a year or more and because the winrates I hear about in full aren't as high as what I make short. I think I make about the same per hour playing 5/10 6-max as what the 10/20 full players report, and I can play like a fish that would get taken apart in a 10-handed game.

KaneKungFu123
10-04-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer short because I haven't played full in probably a year or more and because the winrates I hear about in full aren't as high as what I make short. I think I make about the same per hour playing 5/10 6-max as what the 10/20 full players report, and I can play like a fish that would get taken apart in a 10-handed game.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am positive that you make less playing 10-handed/100 hands then you do playing sh'ed. the only advantage of playing 10-handed is that you can play more tables and dont have to work as hard.

((obviously some players will make more in a full table then sh'ed, but that is because they arent good sh'ed player for whatever reason))

shed means playing more hands and more options, more situations, less pot protection, etc leaving the most room for players to operate.

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 02:26 PM
i updated it, and will try to do so weekly. its nothing special. im not going to take more then 15 mins to write an entry, but what i say might lead to you thinking about something that will improve your play, plus all the poker books are written simple as hell too.

RollaJ
10-08-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then decided that since I was running so shitty I'd take a shot playing in
the bigger game at Ultimate Bet since I was due.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic

BobboFitos
10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nut Peddler Opens UTG for 5bb's. You look at your PT stats and he is 13Vpip/4PrP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnt you just fold then, if you're looking at a best case scenario of flopping a good enough draw to push him off his hand?

It seems it's an easy call vs maniac due to implied odds and an easy fold vs nut peddlar due to lack thereof...

[ QUOTE ]
One of the problems I have playing sh'ed with wild donks is that when one of
them bad beats me, ill start playing more aggressively to make it look like I'm on tilt, and
often times I don't tame it down fast enough, or they themselves slow down and I end up
farther then when i started.

[/ QUOTE ]

me2 bro

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nut Peddler Opens UTG for 5bb's. You look at your PT stats and he is 13Vpip/4PrP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnt you just fold then, if you're looking at a best case scenario of flopping a good enough draw to push him off his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

a draw isnt the best case scenerio. i could flop trips, two pair, nuts.