PDA

View Full Version : MOVIE: Sin City thoughts?

MrTrik
10-02-2005, 08:52 AM
This one came highly recommended from a few friends. We gave it a try last night and made it about halfway through before giving up.

Awesome cast. Cool concept. Just didn't work for us.

Should I give it another try?

Maybe the problem is that I was never a comic book fan and maybe that last night I was not nearly tuned up enough.

newuser1
10-02-2005, 09:20 AM
It was definetly odd, and tense, but good imo.

-Skeme-
10-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I was never a comic book fan, but I absolutely loved in. Excellent storylines, great action, Rourke was awesome.. oh, and Alba. Oooh, Alba.

Sidebar: Was I the only one who thought Madsen was absolutely AWFUL in this movie? The beginning sequence was acted so poorly.. I seriously thought someone was gonna yell, "cut!" as if it were a movie set within the movie or something.

lucas9000
10-02-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sidebar: Was I the only one who thought Madsen was absolutely AWFUL in this movie? The beginning sequence was acted so poorly.. I seriously thought someone was gonna yell, "cut!" as if it were a movie set within the movie or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

madsen has fallen off. i really didn't think he was very good in kill bill 2, and then of course there's tilt...

diebitter
10-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Madsen sucked, but the rest of the film was pretty darn good, IMHO.

TheBlueMonster
10-02-2005, 11:19 AM
The non-related story lines might have been the reason you didn't love it. The problem with this movie for mainstream audiences is that they tried to combine stories that in the original material, had nothing to do with each other.
Watch it again and don't care that the stories barely overlap. Take each segment as its own mini- movie.

MrTrik
10-02-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

madsen has fallen off. i really didn't think he was very good in kill bill 2, and then of course there's tilt...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a Madsen fan as well. But I wasn't impressed with what I saw. He plays a great bad-ass but didn't seem to pull it off in what we saw before turning it off.

DMBFan23
10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sidebar: Was I the only one who thought Madsen was absolutely AWFUL in this movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I thought he sucked ass. when he says "you've got a bum ticker" I laugh every time.

I thought tilt was ok acting, but shitty writing.

I saw Donnie Brasco for the first time the other day, and it was very very good. Madsen was good in that movie I thought, but Pacino and Depp were kind of the main dudes

MonkeeMan
10-02-2005, 12:23 PM
I loved it. Especially the scene where Marv is assembling his goodies for his raid, you just know that great mayhem will ensue. Also the use of band-aids, lol. And the fact that absolutely nowhere has better looking hookers than Sin City.

TheCroShow
10-02-2005, 12:51 PM
it's an awesome movie, i loved it and i think it's the best comic book movie. if you did not like it halfway through, i cannot imagine you would like the rest.

BradleyT
10-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Comic books are pretty gay but this movie is awesome. Definitely give it another chance and watch the whole thing. The stories all tie together at the end.

youtalkfunny
10-03-2005, 02:31 AM
I liked it.

I saw it last night for the first time, which makes me the last man in America to climb aboard the Alba bandwagon. Before last night, I tried to resist the Alba Hype. But I'm now powerless to resist.

(Could someone explain the Josh Hartnett character? I didn't get it.)

TheCroShow
10-03-2005, 02:33 AM
from what i understand he's a hitman that seduces women for kicks and then kills them.

Duke
10-03-2005, 03:06 AM
I doubt you'll like it. If you can't appreciate it for what it is, or be awed by the colorization, you probably won't get anything out of it.

~D

Jdanz
10-03-2005, 03:39 AM
i'm fairly sure he's an assasain and was hired to kill the girl in the begining and the girl that betrayed whatever-town