PDA

View Full Version : in search of help,,,

lilkunta2
10-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Let me start with a little background. I have been playing poker seriously for about 3+ years now. I have done, and seen alot. I have been from ballin', to broke, to ballin' and back to broke again which is where i unfortunatley find myself now. I have a nice chunk of tourney experience and have made 5 final tbales in the last 5 months ago with a couple 2nd's but no first, ina variety of games. Over the past 5 weeks or so I've really tried to learn how to beat the games on the internet. I have a wide variety of experience playing differnet games at differnet levels (highest i played was 10-25-50 PLO). In the last 4 weeks or so i have tried to focus on sit and go play. My play in the early and middle rounds is rock solid. Where I fall far behind is the end stages on, or near the bubble. I find myself consistenyly not being able to cash and dropping out in 4th or 5th. I have never been a winning player online,, I have blown so much money online it is ridiculous and unnessecary. I've hit a rush a couple of times and even made a big score 2 years ago when i won a seat to the PPM3 ( i was too young but they gave me the cash) after paying off some debts i think i lost about 3 of the 9K back to the internet poker community playing way over my limits. that is how i ususally find myself with no money left in my account,,, i play too high for what i have in my account and i bust out. Live action i am a consistent winner in medium size no limit holdem games, and i attribute this to the fact that you can feel people out when you're playing with them,,, and often time know what they have,,, know when they'er going to call you, know if they're going to fold or not etc..... it's just knowing the player. Online you don't know anything about and can't feel them out or really tell where they are at and as a result i lost alot of money online when i would "raise because i didn't think he had anything" or "raise him becasue i thought he would lay it down" well i just started realizing a couple of weeks ago that that stuff just doens't fly online at all. Nothing new here.

Getting to the point; inthe last couple weeks i have really focused on sit and go play and started to make my sit and go game very solid. The early and middle rounds are just that. Rock solid. My biggest problem besides bankroll management is bubble play. It has to be here that I am making these mistakes that are not allowing me to get the results that I know I am good enough to acheive. The problem is that I often don't know where i made a mistake was made which makes it difficult to correct. I was wondering if perhaps one or more of the more acomplished sit and go players would be willing to help me with my game, acting as a mentor. I really have nothing to offer to whomever would be willing to help me out, but the deed would definatley not go unnoticed. I think the best way for me to learn would be to go over some hand histories and discuss where i may have fouled up and also talk about bankroll issues and record keeping. I know there are alot of people that enjoy teaching and i want to let you knwo that i won't waste any of your time or let you down if you help me out. Thank You.

if you want to contact me about this (please do) send me a PM or send me an email to PokerAztec@yahoo.com

pergesu
10-02-2005, 07:24 AM
You said you don't know what bubble mistakes you're making. In that case, you need SNG Power Tools (http://sitngo-analyzer.com). Also read the favorite threads ICM and bubble sections.

splashpot
10-02-2005, 07:28 AM
My advice is to read everything in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=7&o=14&fpart=1). Then post hands on the bubble that you are unsure of. This forum will tell you what the best play usually is.

What buyin are you looking for advice with? The 11s play a lot differently than the 109s. If you're playing 11s-33s, I hope your "rock solid" early play means that you fold a lot during the early rounds. That is what you should be doing. When it comes to the bubble, the blinds will often be large enough that you will either be pushing or folding preflop. There are some brilliant threads in my link above about bubble play.