PDA

View Full Version : I hate sleep

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Ok.. I hate GOING to sleep. Am I the only one who feels like this? Every night it is a struggle to get to bed. There are SO many things I would rather do than go to bed and go to sleep. Then of course once I'm in bed I don't want to get up. But I just feel like sleep is such a waste of time. So many better things to do.

LAME.

daryn
10-02-2005, 06:31 AM
same, it's 6am here, wtf am i doing up?

Slow Play Ray
10-02-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been up since 3:30am

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I have NO desire to sleep. Would rather watch the same Sportscenter for the 10th time today than sleep.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-02-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I am doing up. My girlfriend and I had a phone conversation about her and another guy, I still don't know what the [censored] happened.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I am doing up. My girlfriend and I had a phone conversation about her and another guy, I still don't know what the [censored] happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait till the liquor store opens and go buy a bottle of Jack Daniels. That will fix everything.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-02-2005, 06:37 AM
The problem is I am at home and she is at college right now. So I am pretty much waiting till I can drive back and figure things out.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 06:38 AM
I feel exactly the same way. I will go out of my way finding reasons to not go to sleep, sometimes even when I'm super-tired. But once I go to sleep, I love sleeping and hate getting up.

10-02-2005, 06:38 AM
I recommend pulling an all-nighter to get yourself back on track. That's what I'm doing.

First I'm hittin McDicks for an EggMcmuffin combo, then it's off to the zoo for the first time in 15 years. Hopefully I'll be tired by 10:00 pm or so.

daryn
10-02-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I have NO desire to sleep. Would rather watch the same Sportscenter for the 10th time today than sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

then again what time did you wake up? i woke up at 7pm

mason55
[ QUOTE ]
I feel exactly the same way. I will go out of my way finding reasons to not go to sleep, sometimes even when I'm super-tired. But once I go to sleep, I love sleeping and hate getting up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought of it as "sleep inertia"

Seems to define it pretty well.

daryn
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is I am at home and she is at college right now. So I am pretty much waiting till I can drive back and figure things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man... sick. dump her, it's over. i'm serious!

DougOzzzz
I alternate days of good sleep and bad. If I sleep well the previous night, I don't want to go to sleep the next. I stay up too late, and don't get much sleep. Next night I am tired and fall asleep fast.

ghostface
10-02-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you will never knoow.

Go to sleep and pn yiur wayt show me where the O is on the fVVVVVVVVVVkin keyboard.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-02-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I gotta figure that out later. I just gotta get to sleep. Too bad I feel like breaking something...

ghostface
10-02-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I feel about sleep. Especiallyt when girls sleep on the floor above you.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I feel about sleep. Especiallyt when girls sleep on the floor above you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have issues that are way outside the scope of this post. Lets just keep this post to sleep. Whine about girls in your other post.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4pm. I've been drinking Red Bull all day though, because I'm an addict.

ghostface
10-02-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have issues that are way outside the scope of this post. Lets just keep this post to sleep. Whine about girls in your other post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have another post?

Aytumious
10-02-2005, 06:55 AM
I've gotten stuck in strange cycles where I stay up for 30-40 hours at a time, sleep for 10 hours, stay up 30-40 hours, etc, for weeks. Really puts you in bizarro land.

chuddo
10-02-2005, 06:55 AM
i went to sleep last night/morning at 5am. woke up around 9am when girl left. woke up again around 1pm.

still up at 7am. sleep schedule is non-existant. and like others, once sleeping i love it, particularly because lately i have been lucid.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten stuck in strange cycles where I stay up for 30-40 hours at a time, sleep for 10 hours, stay up 30-40 hours, etc, for weeks. Really puts you in bizarro land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Esp when you have a 9-5

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm just going to stay up until I crash. Hopefully I can sleep until work on monday and not be too [censored] up.

Eurotrash
10-02-2005, 07:09 AM
wow. i love all the people in this thread who say they don't have any desire to go to sleep but then hate to get up once they finally fall asleep.

and here I thought I was the only one /images/graemlins/blush.gif

thatpfunk
10-02-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow. i love all the people in this thread who say they don't have any desire to go to sleep but then hate to get up once they finally fall asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

BusterStacks
10-02-2005, 08:19 AM
try seeing how many days you can go without sleeping. It's pretty hard.

Soh
10-02-2005, 08:35 AM
I hate to stay up when I'm sleepy
but don't mind to wake up even when I'm sleepy.

I sleep like 6h /day.

10-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif sleep.
Maybe because it's so hard to get there.

MrTrik
10-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Ever since I found out you can do very well playing a game online my sleep schedule has gone to [censored].

The big problem is I tend to wake up too early regardless of what time I went to bed.

STLantny
10-02-2005, 09:16 AM
i hate sleep too

newuser1
10-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Sleep is awesome

private joker
10-02-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! This is so crazy. It's 6:23am right now and I've been up since 2pm. The reason I slept until 2 on Saturday is because I went to bed at 6am on Friday night. And now it's 6am Saturday night/Sunday morning, and I'm finally getting tired. But I just never want to go to sleep. Once I'm there, though -- off goes the phone, shut out the world, leave me alone.

These are the OOT threads I like -- the way it used to be a year ago when I started reading 2p2. Guys confessing strange stuff nobody ever talks about but everyone agrees with. And no half-assed attempts at smart-ass comebacks. *sigh*

jason_t
10-02-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheBlueMonster
10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok.. I hate GOING to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]
going to sleep can be annoying. But sleeping itself is the shiznit. Yo.

ChipWrecked
10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I gotta figure that out later. I just gotta get to sleep. Too bad I feel like breaking something...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/comic9xl.jpg

Turkish
10-02-2005, 12:30 PM
hahahaha

meleader2
10-02-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4pm. I've been drinking Red Bull all day though, because I'm an addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

meleader2
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6. senior week. i actually started hallucinating.

mslif
10-02-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/comic9xl.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such an artist! /images/graemlins/heart.gif

diebitter
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I hate sleep too, and often just go without some nights (hence the wry smile at the 25 hour thread), but it's not good. You get tired at work, eat crap full of sugar to get through it and don't work so well, feel too tired to work out, stay in the next night cos you're tired when you've been invited to a party etc etc etc

Though I hate it, I know I have to embrace and accept it.

I also really like getting up - hate laying in bed dozing etc

mslif
10-02-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you have someone lying next to you? then getting up feels like torture.

diebitter
10-02-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I really like 'getting up' /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mslif
10-02-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I really like 'getting up' /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh! I see. I like what you mean a lot better.

theben
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
i love sleep

esbesb
10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Is why, evolutionarily speaking, we should even need sleep at all. Sure, there are reasons for it, but LOTS of reasons why it is a huge disadvantage. Most likely, there are various unknown benefits that outweigh the disadvantages.

I suppose I could go on some science websites and learn more. But maybe Sklansky will see this and tell me the answer. I think I'll watch football and check back later.

JonPKibble
10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok.. I hate GOING to sleep. Am I the only one who feels like this? Every night it is a struggle to get to bed. There are SO many things I would rather do than go to bed and go to sleep. Then of course once I'm in bed I don't want to get up. But I just feel like sleep is such a waste of time. So many better things to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until I was about 21 I would have trouble falling asleep at a normal hour, and always feel tired when I woke up (at 12-1 PM). Then I stopped drinking caffeine and any sugar-laden beverages. I now fall asleep rather quickly, and wake up refreshed around 8-9 AM.

You are what you eat! Oh, and exercise helps too.

Aytumious
10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6. senior week. i actually started hallucinating.

[/ QUOTE ]

That generally starts just past the 30 hour mark.

BobboFitos
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Larimani
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

and here I thought I was the only one

[/ QUOTE ]

MightyMouse
10-02-2005, 05:24 PM
wow all i can say is that you guys are a bunch of degenerates.

sometimes when im home i get on a 4am-noon sleep schedule and i feel so pathetic like im wasting my life. ive never ventured to the non 24 hour day, but it sounds pretty crazy.

plus i FUC.KING LOVE sleeping ZZzzZZzzZZzz

zephed
10-03-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to stay up when I'm sleepy
but don't mind to wake up even when I'm sleepy.

I sleep like 6h /day.

[/ QUOTE ]
You lucky [censored]!

goofball
10-03-2005, 04:36 AM
the worst thing about insomnia is that it's both a viscious cycle and a catch-22.

I want to sleep, so I try to sleep. Sadly, the more I try to sleep the less likely I am to fall asleep. Amazingly enough lying on my bed going "sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep" isn't entirely effective. I have to not care about falling asleep, I have to just lie there and enjoy feeling comfortable in my bed and let my mind wanter footloose and fancy free. I can't do that. I can't remember the last time I was able to fall asleep quickly without the TV, or a DVD, or music playing(when i wasn't drunk). It acts as a lightening rod of sorts focusing all my thought on something that isn't how i wish i were asleep. Furthermore, when i don't want to/can't/shouldn't fall asleep i have no troubles doing it at all. Lie down on my bed to read/watch TV in the middle of th day? No problems sleeping. Wake up at 10 and want to go back to sleep at 11? Amazingly enoguh no troubles there either. Why can't it be reversed, why can't i go to sleep when i want to and wake up when i want to, nothing more. I wish had some switch I could flip. Sleepy/awake.

Then of course once i can't fall asleep i start to get annoyed. Annoyed because i can't sleep, annoyed because i have so much trouble not thinking about how i'm not sleeping, annoyed because I'm awake right now when i could/should be sleeping, and annoyed because i'll have to get up in sooner than I'd like. Of course the longer I stay awake the more annoyed I get, the more sleep I've missed, and the sooner I have to get up which of course makes me, more annoyed/frustrated. It's surprisingly difficult to go to sleep when one is annoyed and frustrated. This of course leads to further annoyance and frustration. Maybe I'll change the rules so that everyone has to operate on a 30 hour day. 18 hours awake and 12 hours to sleep. Of course knowing me i would just stay up late/go to sleep late anyway, even if it meant staying up/sleeping for weeks. I can't take sleeping pills, they have a very bad side effect. I can't hit myself over the head with a bowling pin althought sometimes it doesn't sounds so bad. I can get drunk. Getting drunk usually helps me fall asleep very quickly of course, getting drunk every night would certainly lead to it's own set of much more serious problems I would guess.