PDA

View Full Version : You know in the movies when....

splashpot
10-02-2005, 04:26 AM
...2 guys end up in a standoff both pointing guns at each other. They always hesitate as if neither would be able to get off a shot without being fired apon themselves. In real life, would you really fear that the other person would be able to pull the trigger at the exact same moment as you? Wouldn't you just try to shoot as soon as possible?

diebitter
10-02-2005, 04:30 AM
I'd rather train in that martial art that Remo does, and walk towards the guy whilst dodging bullets, take the gun out of his hand, pull the clip, count out the bullets, slam the clip back in, and give it to him back.

Waaaaaaay cooler.

mason55
10-02-2005, 04:31 AM
I just learned this the other day from a Fairfax (VA) SWAT member.

There are multiple types of headshots. One type will cause the person to tense ALL muscles. This means that if you shoot them while they have their finger on the trigger, they will die but unconciously shoot you as they do.

However, there is a T-Zone between the eyes, down to the bridge of the nose. If you shoot straight through here, all the muscles relax instantly. Thus you could get a shot off in this spot and the other guy would die and relax instantly.

diebitter
10-02-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, there is a T-Zone between the eyes, down to the bridge of the nose. If you shoot straight through here, all the muscles relax instantly. Thus you could get a shot off in this spot and the other guy would die and relax instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's another benefit there. He'd [censored] his pants - that's gotta be good for a laugh.

mason55
10-02-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather train in that martial art that Remo does, and walk towards the guy whilst dodging bullets, take the gun out of his hand, pull the clip, count out the bullets, slam the clip back in, and give it to him back.

Waaaaaaay cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the scene from Wayne's World...