PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when my brother sweats you

shant
10-02-2005, 04:12 AM
Ask jason_t, he knows about the phenomenon. My brother (Klepton on these boards) decides to look over your shoulder. Then he sees you in the middle of a hand and goes "THIS IS A DEFINITE RAISE" or "OMG CALLLLLLLLLL HERE" or something like that.

Reads: BB is 64/2, UTG+1 is 71/24, Button is 48/29. All of them are passive postflop. They haven't folded a flop in 19 years. I am running like [censored] and I'm sure they've noticed.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: I am SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, I complete, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, Carlo says "THIS IS A DEFINITE RAISE" so <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I hate all my options...

Should my brother go back to watching TV or was the flop play correct? I usually bet this flop, but I wasn't paying attention and checked. I'm still not sure I would bet, as my first instinct after "misclicking" was the flop was too coordinated anyway. What's a good turn line?

private joker
10-02-2005, 04:18 AM
The flop sucks. Tell Klepton to go back to watching Dr. Phil. Checkraising with middle pair stinks once LAG Button calls between you and the LAG flop bettor.

Anyway, now that you screwed yourself, I say bet/fold the turn. Loose-passive BB calling 2 cold is scary; even if you have the best hand, your 5 outs are dirty. Bet to continue representing a real hand, but fold to a raise -- I doubt all 3 opponents have worse hands.

toss
10-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Crappy turn card, but if your bro says this flop is a CR it must mean you're ahead of UTG+1 and Button a good amount. I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise.

DeathDonkey
10-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Flop was good. Now I bet/fold or if they weren't so inclined to take one off with almost any cards, check/fold.

-DeathDonkey

private joker
10-02-2005, 07:36 AM
One more question:

[ QUOTE ]
BB is 64/2, UTG+1 is 71/24, Button is 48/29. All of them are passive postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this typical 15/30, or is this just an exceptional table?

toss
10-02-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One more question:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saturday Night !

gaming_mouse
10-02-2005, 10:46 AM
c/fold the turn.

also, i don't see the point of a flop raise. is it for value b/c their range is so big, and they'll call with anything? or is it just to knock BB out? in any case, i would have led the flop or c/called.

Entity
10-02-2005, 11:47 AM
The flop checkraise is fine. Turn is close between a checkfold and a betfold. Since you said they're super passive, checkfold sounds good.

Rob

10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I think that I would have folded on the turn. There is a straight draw, a flush draw, and a straight flush draw out. Even if your opponents are terrible, there is a small chance that your hand is good.

shant
10-02-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One more question:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saturday Night !

[/ QUOTE ]
He's got it.

Klepton
10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
bump, i wanted more opinions on this topic, i am offended.

W. Deranged
10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
So:

Klepton = Bike Thief = Shant's Brother = Carlo...

I get it now.

KDawgCometh
10-28-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bump, i wanted more opinions on this topic, i am offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I'd lean towards check/folding this on this ass horrible turn. I really don't see any good reason to stay in the pot here

Perseus
10-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Personally I used to go crazy with checkraises here but I'm more inclined to check/call the flop and see what turn card hits.

There are a lot of draws that could hit, and with a caller in between the initial better and yourself you know that at least two more will see the turn (maybe three), so check-raising loses much of its value.

Without the button calling I checkraise and bet/fold turn.