PDA

View Full Version : boring boat/bad turn check? 2/4 NL

tdarko
10-02-2005, 02:59 AM
multiway pot, i have red A9 in the CO. two limpers to me, i raise it to $18, button calls, blinds fold, both limpers call.
stacks:
Hero- $760
Button- $710
Limper #1 $460

flop is (9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif)pot~$78
check, check, Hero bets $50, Button calls, Limper#1 calls, fold.

turn is (9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)pot~$228
check, Hero checks, check

did i just miss a bet or give him a chance to hit his hand? i really can't tell?

river is (9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif)pot~$228
check, Hero bets $200, button calls, limper folds.

a couple things. yeah the river was about the perfect card that could have landed, my question is what if it's a brick did i miss a value bet on the turn?

and what was the limper doing?

edge
10-02-2005, 03:11 AM
I think with two people in, a bet on the turn is a good idea to build the pot.

10-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Keep betting the turn. Theres 2 flush draws and a straight draw out there that will try to hit their hands.

PugX
10-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Half pot on the turn?

tdarko
10-02-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Half pot on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
perfect? i think we get a limper call if i do this.

lets see, if i bet out $115 on the turn that puts the pot ~$575 on the river. now this gives me a lot of room to get a call out of limper #1, what my best line for this?

augie00
10-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I would not bet half the pot on the turn. Maybe $75, probably $50. You gotta keep these guys in the hand at all costs.

fisherman112
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
because of the highly coordianted nature of the board, i think you have license to make a significant turn bet (3/4 to full pot) if your opponents will call it with draws. You got lucky that the river made a couple hands and you had an easy decision about how much to bet, but if the river had bricked it would have been one of those frustrating spots where he either has a missed draw that wont call 5 bucks, an ace that missed a draw that might call a small bet, or has something that might call pot.

if you wanted to feign weakness at the "scare card" A, a weak bet does the trick as well, but checking is costing you money.