Can't wait for Chong Li to kill that dude

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Well [censored], I was gonna watch it.

Thanks for giving that away.

Penis /images/graemlins/mad.gif

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:02 AM
There's a statute of limitations on movie spoilers. Plus it has nothing to do with the plot.

fluxrad
10-02-2005, 02:02 AM
I just love it when the blind JCVD screams "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Like he's blind, so he can't see that he just ripped one of the guys nuts out. But he knows he did it anway.

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I was kidding a little.

But two good points regardless.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This movie rules...

Can't wait for Chong Li to kill that dude

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched this this afteroon while hungover. I like this movie because it's one of those multi-layered films where you can take away something new each viewing.

Here is what I realized today. The whole movie is about honor and all that kind of stuff. And Frank Dux stands for all that good stuff. But when he's fighting the really big kinda flabby guy, he has to resort to doing the classic JCVD splits and nailing the guy in the nuts to beat him. That seems kind of weak to me and not really the kind of move a guy all about honor and respect for the sport and people and all that stuff would do. Also, seems like he should have been able to beat that guy pretty easily anyway.

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:05 AM
JCVD is OG

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Easily one of the finest films of the last 25 years. Hell, it was nominated for a Razzie! That's a good award, right?

Although your post confused me very much so.

TTChamp
10-02-2005, 02:10 AM
The best fighter is the dude that jumps around like a monkey.

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad he gets totally owned by the sumo guy... but I agree. He's always been my favorite. I would have liked to see him fight Chong Li though.

Moneyline
10-02-2005, 02:12 AM
I love how when Chong Li gets excited he pumps his fists up and down in unison like he's shaking out a bad drawing from his etch a sketch (http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/onlineetch.htm) .
"You are next."

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easily one of the finest films of the last 25 years. Hell, it was nominated for a Razzie! That's a good award, right?

Although your post confused me very much so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch when JCVD fights the dude who beat the monkey-style dude.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love how when Chong Li gets excited he pumps his fists up and down in unison

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! CHONG-LI CHONG-LI CHONG-LI

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad he gets totally owned by the sumo guy... but I agree. He's always been my favorite. I would have liked to see him fight Chong Li though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he's your favorite, he's awesome. Man, I am getting so pumped up right now, I hope it's still on so I can watch it for the second time today.

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he's your favorite, he's awesome. Man, I am getting so pumped up right now, I hope it's still on so I can watch it for the second time today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dux is about to go blind... HURRY

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I just realized... JCVD kind of looks like a skinnier version of Arnold.

Stork
10-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Which movie has been shown more on tv... Bloodsport, or Good will Hunting? It seems like they're both on all the time. (Usually on spike and bravo, respectively.)

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Can you guys please discuss how weak it was that JCVD resorted to nailing the big guy in the nuts to beat him?

siccjay
10-02-2005, 02:26 AM
I just bought this movie on DVD for $3.

A_C_Slater
10-02-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised I haven't seen this unorthodox and highly effective style utilized in the UFC or Pride fighting championships yet.

j0ep0ker
10-02-2005, 02:36 AM
I used to stay with my cousin and this was his only movie. We would get high and watch it every day lol. We would crack up on every part. Like when young van damme says " what kind of a deal" and when the big red neck pounds Chung Li in the head and when that chinese guy says " OK USA!" and the monkey guy and a bunch of other parts lol... I gotta watch it now....

PS... getting high is very bad... it makes you sad... especially when you have to look at your two inch penis.

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you guys please discuss how weak it was that JCVD resorted to nailing the big guy in the nuts to beat him?

[/ QUOTE ]

JCVD did what he had to do. The Kumite is no holds barred. True, maybe it's not honorable in a normal fight, but going into this you know it's no holds barred. JCVD did JUST enough to win the fight. Chong Li, however, killed a man for no reason.

This brings up an interesting point. Is the lesser of 2 evils still evil?

daryn
10-02-2005, 02:38 AM
i have out for justice here

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 02:44 AM
hmmm, I just finished watching the end of this. I've seen this movie at least 20 times, but have only ever seen the beginning maybe twice. I was just doing a little googling Frank Dux and apparently there's a bit of controversy surrounding his history in the military, whtether or not he was a secret CIA operative we may never know. He also sued JCVD for breach or oral contract when JCVD took a script that Dux wrote, and had it rewritten by someone else to make the movie "The Quest" and screwed Dux out of his 2.5%. He lost in court.

BottlesOf
10-02-2005, 02:45 AM
KUMITE KUMITE KUMITE!

daryn
10-02-2005, 02:47 AM
oh yeah, i remember seeing dux on the stand on court tv

coffeecrazy1
10-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Anybody else wish that you could have that background music playing for you as you go through your daily routine?

Somehow, I think it would add a major spring to my step as I went to the copier.

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 03:50 AM
yes, i hvae that soundtrack on my computer, it pumps me up.

EliteNinja
10-02-2005, 03:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/EliteNinja/twoplustwo/bloodsport-chongli.jpg

You break my record!
Now I break you,
like I break your friend!

mason55
10-02-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/EliteNinja/twoplustwo/bloodsport-chongli.jpg

You break my record!
Now I break you,
like I break your friend!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow... nh

mmcd
10-02-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have out for justice here

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody seen Richie? Anybody know why Richie did Bobby Lupo?

-Skeme-
10-02-2005, 04:25 AM
I've probably seen this movie more than anybody. Yeah, it's true. I always loved when JCVD says, "Just answer the question" to Janice, but it sounds like "JUST ANTS DAY QUESTION!"

Oh, and El D, JCVD was about honor. Honoring is shidoshi, Mr. Tanaka. Remember him? They had a deal. What kind of a deal? Well, he brought Frank there to help him teach his son, don't question him. Anyways, during their conversation about Tanaka's dead son, Shingo, Frank mentions "using any technique that works" and to "keep an open mind." Any technique could be punching a dude in the nuts Johnny Cage style.

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Thank you, Skeme. I'm still not sure about this strike to the nuts thing, though.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, Skeme. I'm still not sure about this strike to the nuts thing, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you arguing with Johnny Cage?

He's a Hollywood superstar.

-Skeme-
10-02-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Well, another thing to ponder about the whole lack of respect during the nutpunching fiasco is this: After Frank had uppercutted the asian dudes nuts into his stomach, he was basically KOd on his feet. Frank could've done a deadly helicopter kick and killed the guy. Instead, he lightly pushed him over.. that's respect, Diabolo.

mason55
10-02-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Well, another thing to ponder about the whole lack of respect during the nutpunching fiasco is this: After Frank had uppercutted the asian dudes nuts into his stomach, he was basically KOd on his feet. Frank could've done a deadly helicopter kick and killed the guy. Instead, he lightly pushed him over.. that's respect, Diabolo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I said, only in more detail and less artsy fartsy.

-Skeme-
10-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Chong Li was like 36 when this movie began filming.

mason55
10-02-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have no respect for him until I see him do the 1 inch punch.

masse75
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Easily the best line in this movie is when Dux has to do the Dim Mak (deft touch), he breaks the brick on bottom, and Chong Li says, "Very good...but brick NOT HIT BACK!!!"

coffeecrazy1
10-02-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMDB actually has him born in 1938, which would make him around 50 when the movie was released, so maybe he's more like 48 when the movie was being filmed?

IronDragon1
10-02-2005, 04:11 PM
You are missing out on a lot of stuff by not owning the DVD