PDA

View Full Version : bike receives a note on bike seat

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:35 AM
11 pm, i ride 5 blocks to a friend's house and park my bike across the street, chained to a lamp post in between the street and the sidewalk, on the grass. i don't feel like lugging the schwinn up a flight of stairs into my friend's house. it just so happened that the owner of the house i park in front of was pulling his SUV into the driveway at the time. 1 am i walk outside and see a piece of paper on the bike seat. it reads:

"Please do not park your bike here anymore. Thank you."

instantly, i laugh, then i think about the fun things i can do:

1) chain an old tire to the lamp post permanently.
2) leave a note on their door with contents reading ___________

OOT fills in the blank. anything else grotesque i can chain to the lamp post?

weee!

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Thats interesting. I know that generaly you are responsible for the maintenance of these areas in front of your house. Is it actualy your property? Clearly you can't keep peole from walking on it, but leaving stuff?

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:46 AM
well anything past the sidewalk to the street is public property, and it's only a temporary spot on fri/sat nights, you know?

mason55
10-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Chain a purple dildo to it

tonypaladino
10-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Why not just park your bike somewhere else?

daryn
10-02-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, instead you are going out of your way to be a dick. this is why society is crumbling

BottlesOf
10-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Find out if you're allowed to chain you rbike there first. There could be some local ordinance that makes it illegal to say chain bikes to lamposts or post notices on them etc. If you're within your rights, then do something cool.

fluxrad
10-02-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the owner of the house i park in front of was pulling his SUV into the driveway at the tim

[/ QUOTE ]

In what state did this incident take place?

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well anything past the sidewalk to the street is public property, and it's only a temporary spot on fri/sat nights, you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about the grass area which you spoke of.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, instead you are going out of your way to be a dick. this is why society is crumbling

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding right? the surrounding environment is trees too thick to wrap my chain around. why even put that note on a bike?? it isn't there every day. it's there for a few hours on 2 days a week. it's people like you, pussies, that let little societies like the "elmwood village" have their little way on EVERY issue just to portray an image that their street is ... quaint? why the hell would u let yourself be run over like that? grow a backbone. voice yourself.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about the grass area which you spoke of.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be completely different if there were flowers around the lamp post or something, but it's just mown grass.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the owner of the house i park in front of was pulling his SUV into the driveway at the tim

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

upstate NY

LoaferGee12
10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

it's people like you, pussies,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wtf

NLSoldier
10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
daryn is right/

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Find out if you're allowed to chain you rbike there first. There could be some local ordinance that makes it illegal to say chain bikes to lamposts or post notices on them etc. If you're within your rights, then do something cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're absolutely right on this. but where would i look? i know they have a little society called the "elmwood village" that would create rules like that, but where to look?

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
daryn is right/

[/ QUOTE ]

so that's 3 republicans in the house. i'm sure you all think "what's next, bestiality?"

fluxrad
10-02-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

upstate NY

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You really can't use the "you drive a [censored] SUV" thing then. Upstate NY is probably as good a place as any to own one. How abouy "please don't be a [censored] curmudgeon anymore. pls k thx."

meleader2
10-02-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

upstate NY

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You really can't use the "you drive a [censored] SUV" thing then. Upstate NY is probably as good a place as any to own one. How abouy "please don't be a [censored] curmudgeon anymore. pls k thx."

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just trying to give a feeling of the pomposity of this area. it isn't the suburbs, but it isn't downtown. it's 15 blocks from the west side.

fluxrad
10-02-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's 15 blocks from the west side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...this is upstate? I know not this New York of which you speak.

I would definitely use the SUV angle then. Or something like "I shat in your gas tank. Good luck getting the smell out, ass."

Bonus points if you [censored] in his gas tank.

edfurlong
10-02-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

upstate NY

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just trying to give a feeling of the pomposity of this area. it isn't the suburbs, but it isn't downtown. it's 15 blocks from the west side.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Does the upper west side of manhattan count for upstate now? I mean, I know in NYC anywhere that ISN'T nyc is upstate, but that's just ridiculous.

Voltron87
10-02-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Does the upper west side of manhattan count for upstate now? I mean, I know in NYC anywhere that ISN'T nyc is upstate, but that's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah lets be serious here. im up there with the biggest self centered manhattanites but even I have come to terms with the fact that yonkers is not upstate.

10-02-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it isn't there every day. it's there for a few hours on 2 days a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

Dude, get your shitheap off his lawn. WTF

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding right? the surrounding environment is trees too thick to wrap my chain around. why even put that note on a bike?? it isn't there every day. it's there for a few hours on 2 days a week. it's people like you, pussies, that let little societies like the "elmwood village" have their little way on EVERY issue just to portray an image that their street is ... quaint? why the hell would u let yourself be run over like that? grow a backbone. voice yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow the eff up.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't feel like lugging the schwinn up a flight of stairs into my friend's house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry me a river.

PokerBob
10-02-2005, 02:42 AM
...i reccommend killing his/her family.

daryn
10-02-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm a real pussy

BottlesOf
10-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I would just call the local police and ask.

NLSoldier
10-02-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm a real pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

its true, just look at his avatar.

tonypaladino
10-02-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just call the local police and ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one asked for a perfectly reasonable and logical answer.

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 02:52 AM
the guy politely asks you to do something reasonable, and your response it to try to screw with him? He could have been an ass and just run your bike over with his SUV, but he didn't because he lives in a civilized society.

mason55
10-02-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm a real pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

its true, just look at his avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... he almost looks like BRUISER for God's sake!

Sooga
10-02-2005, 03:19 AM
You know, the funny thing about people like OP is that if he were the homeowner, and he saw a bike chained outside his house, he'd be creating a thread on OOT saying, "So there's this dumbass that chained his bike to the lamppost outside my house. Should I slash his tires?"

LoaferGee12
10-02-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, the funny thing about people like OP is that if he were the homeowner, and he saw a bike chained outside his house, he'd be creating a thread on OOT saying, "So there's this dumbass that chained his bike to the lamppost outside my house. Should I slash his tires?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Someday, 2 OOT's are gonna collide in a thread.

mikeyvegas
10-02-2005, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't mess with the guy, he might hire Klepton (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3057118&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1) to take care of your bike.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not his lawn, it's the city's.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah lets be serious here. im up there with the biggest self centered manhattanites but even I have come to terms with the fact that yonkers is not upstate.

[/ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

meleader2
10-02-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's practically in the street! it isn't even close to his house with respect to where i COULD have put it.

mason55
10-02-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in Buffalo? (I went to RIT)

daryn
10-02-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not his lawn, it's the city's.

[/ QUOTE ]

does he mow it? end of story

anyway sooga is right, just show people respect like you want them to show you. imagine if the homeowner was like you, and instead of finding a note, your bike was trashed.

-Skeme-
10-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Be respectful and park your bike somewhere else. It's not like he was being a dick.

10-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Honestly, it probably took you more energy to make and respond to this thread, than it would to carry your goddamn bicycle up the stairs.

Jeff W
10-02-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG RAPE THEIR FAMILY AND BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN. HOW DARE THEY HAVE THE BALLS TO ASK YOU PLEASANTLY NOT TO PARK YOUR BIKE ON THE GRASS?

DasLeben
10-02-2005, 04:50 AM
I think that I just wouldn't park my bike there anymore, but that's me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it probably took you more energy to make and respond to this thread, than it would to carry your goddamn bicycle up the stairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you said but that bunny deserves an ass kicking.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno if you're familiar with elmwood ave, but in that area, a little south of buff state

mason55
10-02-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno if you're familiar with elmwood ave, but in that area, a little south of buff state

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes. been there for a halloween party before.

stinkypete
10-02-2005, 06:11 AM
they dont want your bike on their lawn. show some respect.

STLantny
10-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Chain his bumper to the post, a la gone in 60 seconds.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's practically in the street! it isn't even close to his house with respect to where i COULD have put it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could've been an even bigger a-hole? Jeez, why'd you pass up that opportunity?

RunDownHouse
10-02-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus, you're an idiot. Is everybody this stupid at 16?

ChipWrecked
10-02-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping he's just a skinny candy-ass that Bruiser could break over his knee, otherwise I can see no excuse for not 'lugging the bike up ONE flight of stairs', something I do about three times a day into my place.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping he's just a skinny candy-ass that Bruiser could break over his knee, otherwise I can see no excuse for not 'lugging the bike up ONE flight of stairs', something I do about three times a day into my place.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

Los Feliz Slim
10-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Obviously, just ignore the note. Anything you do will make you a bigger dick than the guy who think he owns the lamppost. He didn't piss on your bike, he left you a polite note. If you leave it there again and something happens to it, you know who to call.

You should probably check to make sure it's OK law-wise to leave your bike there. If not, you are wrong and should stop putting your bike there.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, just ignore the note. Anything you do will make you a bigger dick than the guy who think he owns the lamppost. He didn't piss on your bike, he left you a polite note. If you leave it there again and something happens to it, you know who to call.

You should probably check to make sure it's OK law-wise to leave your bike there. If not, you are wrong and should stop putting your bike there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the move i've settled on

meleader2
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's right friend. it's a matter of principle.

B Dids
10-02-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Eurotrash can help here, he would be keenly aware of local ordinances and such in Buffalo.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Eurotrash can help here, he would be keenly aware of local ordinances and such in Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares what the man says!

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun-damental.

The point was that one poster was a big pussy and couldn't handle carrying his bike up one flight of stairs.

jedi
10-02-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What principle might this be?

oddjob
10-02-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG RAPE THEIR FAMILY AND BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN. HOW DARE THEY HAVE THE BALLS TO ASK YOU PLEASANTLY NOT TO PARK YOUR BIKE ON THE GRASS?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a bit much, i say just break his SUV over a tree.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What principle might this be?

[/ QUOTE ]

i live in a country where other people go out and fight wars for me so i am allowed to park my bike on city property, without the fear of terrorists telling me "NO you cannot!"

oddjob
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YAH FIGHT THE POWER!!! you must throw down the shackles of the white man's oppression!! they're just trying to keep you down! how dare him to ask you politely to not do something that might inconvenience you in the tiniest bit. it's a good thing that there's nothing in the world more important to you, to actually spend your time and effort on.

this reminds me of when kids at the university of colorado in boulder started riots because a party got busted. some kid was quoted in the local newspaper comparising themselves to actual civil rights movements. i laughed at how stupid he was, and cried at how really stupid he was.

theben
10-02-2005, 01:18 PM
lets see here....

you left your shlt on his property without asking permission and he wrote a polite note asking you not to do this, and you want to be a jerk back?

you are acting like a total douche. you respond to his politeness by being rude? you are no better than some uncivilized hoodlum from the ghetto. act like a real person. you have no right to leave crap on his lawn.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i live in a country where other people go out and fight wars for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, no one is going out and fighting wars for you.

Sponger15SB
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
About a month ago I finally got fed up with this family who parked one of their cars out in front of their garage in our apartment complex. There are specific rules which say that you can't park on the street in front of your house, that it can be towed or ticketed and there is red paint up to show that its a fire lane. Basically, its incredibly tacky to put your car there and it blocks traffic and is a pain for the garage across from you to back out of their garage, and nobody else in probably the 100+ apartment complex parks in front of their garage except my neighbor.

Anyways, so I write this note telling them to stop parking there or we will contact the homeowners association and their car will be ticketed or towed unless they start parking in the designated spots. A few days pass and they don't park there at all and me and my mom are happy, then I wake up one morning to find their car parked in front of their garage again, this time with a $200 ticket on it. Oops.

Sponger15SB
10-02-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
daryn is right/

[/ QUOTE ]

so that's 3 republicans in the house. i'm sure you all think "what's next, bestiality?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter whether he is a republican, democrat, socialist, nazi, etc. He is still right and you're still stupid.

ethan
10-02-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i live in a country where other people go out and fight wars for me so i am allowed to park my bike on city property, without the fear of terrorists telling me "NO you cannot!"

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"

Ulysses
10-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Your future? (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/29/BAGK2EVJHM1.DTL&hw=parking+murder&sn=004&sc=464)

Eurotrash
10-02-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

Phoenix1010
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets see here....

you left your shlt on his property without asking permission and he wrote a polite note asking you not to do this, and you want to be a jerk back?

you are acting like a total douche. you respond to his politeness by being rude? you are no better than some uncivilized hoodlum from the ghetto. act like a real person. you have no right to leave crap on his lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are no better than the OP. I suggest you kill each other.

meleader2
10-02-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your future? (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/29/BAGK2EVJHM1.DTL&hw=parking+murder&sn=004&sc=464)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on El Diablo!

meleader2
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

buffalo, ny

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://tinypic.com/bi2re0.jpg

meleader2
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago I finally got fed up with this family who parked one of their cars out in front of their garage in our apartment complex. There are specific rules which say that you can't park on the street in front of your house, that it can be towed or ticketed and there is red paint up to show that its a fire lane. Basically, its incredibly tacky to put your car there and it blocks traffic and is a pain for the garage across from you to back out of their garage, and nobody else in probably the 100+ apartment complex parks in front of their garage except my neighbor.

Anyways, so I write this note telling them to stop parking there or we will contact the homeowners association and their car will be ticketed or towed unless they start parking in the designated spots. A few days pass and they don't park there at all and me and my mom are happy, then I wake up one morning to find their car parked in front of their garage again, this time with a $200 ticket on it. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is different. a LAW stating you cannot do that versus someone not wanting a bike sitting on city property because they don't like the way a bike looks in front of their house for 2 hours are not one and the same.

Sponger15SB
10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets see here....

[/ QUOTE ]

You are no better than the OP. I suggest you kill each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... I know you're black, so you probably assume he is racist just cause he said "uncivilized hoodlum from the ghetto". Which doesn't really make much sense to me because he didn't specifically say anything racist. Then again you'll probably just come back with "well you're white so you probably wouldn't understand".

Pirc Defense
10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
I'll write the dissenting opinion.

The bike was not parked on the homeowner's property. While the homeowner has the right to ask the bike owner to not park his bike on what is, apparently, city property, the bike owner has no obligation to oblige, either morally or legally.

I'd say keep parking there. Why should you have to move it?