PDA

View Full Version : top 5posters to stalk..

02-06-2002, 10:00 PM
here is my top five posters that i plan to visit their cardroom , sit in a game with them...say a few things that only a regular 2+2 er would know, crack off a few of their hands..then off to the wild blue yonder...

1. spm..the guy deserves a whupping at cards for weakening to play chess..the commie game..

2. john cole...is the guy really that smart? if he reads all those books..how does he have time to play poker?

3. hdpm..hey a lawyer is my profession's death enemy..love to crack his aces..

4. dick in phoenix..do not understand howhe can be loser in ll 7cs8??..must be weak tite..

5. vince..who is this guy anyway??

gl all

02-07-2002, 05:07 PM
scalf,

You wrote: "2. john cole...is the guy really that smart? if he reads all those books..how does he have time to play poker?"

I met John around 1973 at the University of Rhode Island where he lived downstairs in the dorm suite below my fellow sailing jocks and me. John’s dorm room was decorated as follows:

Desk: used to store dirty laundry

Bed: storage for novels and other books

Walls: no posters of rock bands – just a framed picture of his great grandfather.

Stereo: none – John figured why get one when everyone else has one blasting away.

The point is John slept with his books. This enabled him to absorb all that was contained within without actually reading them.

"5. vince..who is this guy anyway??"

I just met Vince last week and don't know him well yet. Based on his posts that invariably whine about his sex life do you think he probably looks similar to:

a) Danny Devito

b) Sean Connery

No prize involved here. See below for answer.

”4. dick in phoenix..do not understand howhe can be loser in ll 7cs8??..must be weak tite."

Small world department. A couple of years ago Dick wanted my image for his web site and somehow the issue of sailing came up. It turned out he used to crew for somebody in Bristol, Rhode Island while I crewed for a guy in Newport, Rhode Island and we raced against each other many times (the boats of this class would sail to a common area in Narragansett bay for the bigger races and then sail home so we never met).

Regards,

Rick

PS Years later John Cole and I teamed up to win a game of Trivial Pursuit without anyone else even getting a turn! So he is that smart (to team with me /images/smile.gif ).

PPS Vince looks like A LOT like Sean Connery.

02-07-2002, 06:14 PM
I would say Vince looks like the offspring of Sean Connery and Danny Devito.

02-07-2002, 07:02 PM
i guess i am educated now..lol..gl

02-07-2002, 07:03 PM
oh my goodness..that hurts trying to visualize that..lol..gl

02-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the compliment, but I will like it even more if you try to my aces. I won't be slowplaying them so it will cost you. Less than most lawyers' hourly rate at the limits I play though. :-)

02-08-2002, 08:39 AM
Excuse me I'm just trying to find a life outside of poker. David has me thinking and it feels good. Just another Bobby Fischer fan...

SPM,...bring your best Hold'em game to Chicago, our fish eat sharks...

02-08-2002, 04:17 PM
how about the bean pit in chicago...might be action there...chess??? gl