PDA

View Full Version : Hand vs idiot

ukpokerplayer
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
$400 NL hand, both me and villain have about the buy-in.
(2/4 blinds)

Villain is a complete no hoper. He massivle overplays hands and doesnt fol too much preflop.

Idiot linmps UTG (any 2), i raise on button to $16 wioth AsJs oonly idiot calls.
pot $38
flop comes J94 rainbow

Idiot leads out for 25, i raise to 60 and he calls

turn 3, completing the rainbow.

he bets $30 in to me again, I call.

(pot now $218)

river is another J.

idiot now bets $80 in to the pot.

Call , or raise it up?

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 09:52 PM
i want to die.

ukpokerplayer
10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
i probably would too if i had nothing better to do than waste my time posting replies like that

queenhigh
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
id probably raise the turn. raising the river is a no brainer. wait five seconds and push.

captZEEbo1
10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He massivle[sic] overplays hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise turn, failing that raise river by a lot

Allinlife
10-01-2005, 11:46 PM
you know just because someone isn't a good poker player it doesn't give you the right to call them an idiot.

Rocaix
10-01-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if we raise river, we should be prepared to call a three-bet?

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if we raise river, we should be prepared to call a three-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]if theres anything left, then of course!

Rocaix
10-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Whoops, didn't look at the stack sizes. My bad.
Just put it all in on the river then.

mike l.
10-02-2005, 01:08 AM
the turn was where you choked it. you shouldve just pushed. oh wait good news you made trips ace kicker on the river. so now you have a second chance to push.

what's your question exactly? there are only two plays here against an idiot: push and stack the chips, or push and rebuy.

cero_z
10-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi uk,

Flawless is trying to say that this is as obvious a situation as one can find, and if you read this forum at all, you'd know that the answer was:

Raise more on the flop, raise turn, raise river. Call anything back at any time.

I think you can benefit from reading the Small Stakes NL forum, if you didn't know what to do in this hand.

Heimdal
10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Dont think of your opponents as idiots. Dont underestimate the bad players. They just have a different approach to the game.

This is a lot more important than whether you should raise the river or not.

ukpokerplayer
10-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi sorry it does seem kind of obvious. I was just wondered about the fact that he led in to me on every street, and also that he plays any two preflop.

In the hand I raised it to $200 on the river (left about $100 behind) and he flat called with J9. So he had the nuts and didnt reraise me which saved me $100 or so.

Now i'm not whining about a badbeat, I just wondered generally if alarm bells go off when you get led in to by someone who is not very good, on every street. I guess it depends on the opponent tho.

flawless_victory
10-02-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi sorry it does seem kind of obvious. I was just wondered about the fact that he led in to me on every street, and also that he plays any two preflop.

In the hand I raised it to $200 on the river (left about $100 behind) and he flat called with J9. So he had the nuts and didnt reraise me which saved me $100 or so.

Now i'm not whining about a badbeat, I just wondered generally if alarm bells go off when you get led in to by someone who is not very good, on every street. I guess it depends on the opponent tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
you described him as "massively overplaying hands"... good read.
next time post in micro stakes plz!