PDA

View Full Version : Tournament adjustments?

banditbdl
05-17-2003, 11:49 PM
What kind of adjustments do you guys make when playing stud tournaments? I've only played in a small number of stud tournaments, but I've had some success and plan to keep playing in them. That being said a lot of my success has been due to some hot cards and I'm just looking for thoughts on how to improve that aspect of my game.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-18-2003, 09:47 AM
You have to be more aggressive, obviously. Stealing lots of small pots is real important, even if it's just the antes. You have to look for situations where you sense weakness from your opponent(s). People play much tighter in tourneys, often TOO tight, and you can take advantage of this.

Another thing is that you must tighten up against other people's raises. Because they are playing tighter, they usually have something strong if they raise, especially on 3rd.

Also, don't play as many drawing hands. You don't want to be playing hands that bust out frequently. For example, tho I might choose to play a small 3-flush in a ring game, in a tourney I usually fold them.

al