PDA

View Full Version : is there a right way to play this?

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 08:35 PM
canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
4 monkies limp, i complete in the SB with JTo, BB (a guy who seems to play decent) raises, all call.

Flop: JTT

what's the best plan here?

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 08:35 PM
check.

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, but when i spring to life on a later street i might as well play my hand face up, right?

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
check and riase the flop if the monkies all call the PFRs bet. If only like one of them calls then Id probably just call the flop and try to CR the turn.

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check and riase the flop if the monkies all call the PFRs bet. If only like one of them calls then Id probably just call the flop and try to CR the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]what he said.

jogger08152
10-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Bet.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible.

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]dont do this.

TimM
10-01-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, but when i spring to life on a later street i might as well play my hand face up, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

But they can catch a hand or pick up a (losing) draw. If they make a hand that beats trip 10's they might not realize you've filled.

surfdoc
10-01-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If you bet and all fold which of course is rare you will seriously want to kill yourself. Just hope someone has a ten and the pfr has an overpair and you get "helplessly" caught in a raising war with your KQ. I play it like Soldier said.

GoodOL
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I knew monkies have learned sign language...but they are playing poker now?

Check flop with the intention of raising preflop raiser (this should build a nice pot). Check turn, again with the intention of raising (depending on where bet comes...might want to just call). Bet river.

tonysoldier
10-02-2005, 12:01 AM
what they said

GoodOL
10-02-2005, 12:05 AM
it's MONKEYS.....lol, thanks PokerBob.

jayheaps
10-02-2005, 12:38 AM
i think you have to bet here. the odds are just too good other players got a piece of this flop.

My line-- bet-call. check-raise turn. lead river.

NLSoldier
10-02-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to bet here. the odds are just too good other players got a piece of this flop.

My line-- bet-call. check-raise turn. lead river.

[/ QUOTE ]

betting is wrong. how can you not see that?

BarronVangorToth
10-02-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But by then the pot will be big and you'll get "oh, well, the pot is big, I'll call" calls.

Definitely don't bet out on the flop.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

PokerBob
10-02-2005, 02:52 AM
canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
4 monkies limp, i complete in the SB with JTo, BB (a guy who seems to play decent) raises, all call.

Flop: JTT

what's the best plan here?

i typically bet monsters to disguise them, but here my postion sucked, so i checked. the flop checked around. the turn was some brick. i checked again, BB bet, UTG called, all else folded, i raised and both guys folded.

DeathDonkey
10-02-2005, 03:25 AM
Wow. Raise the turn alot more on draws. Sounds like that kind of game.

-DeathDonkey

NLSoldier
10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Raise the turn alot more on draws. Sounds like that kind of game.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it isnt.

ggbman
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
First, you HAVE TO check this flop. The PFR will bet out a lot of the time. After this happens the monkeys will will call with all sorts of stuff with no correlatin to the baord, and then you c/r. The pot will now be big enough that they have to chase their gotshots to the river, and if they hit them, you are in the money. If a bunch of the players fold, you might consider waking up on the turn, but this might not work out so well because people will be suspicious, so just c/r the flop.

W. Deranged
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
This seems like perfect relative position for a flop check-raise here, particularly if all the donkish limpers call. Betting seems quite bad as there are many hands, including overcard hands like AK and AQ, that BB might raise and shut out all your action.

I do think, in general, it's better to try to cash in on bets on the flop and not wait till a later street, as you will likely lose many customers and/or risk letting a street getting checked through if a blank hits the turn.