PDA

View Full Version : Pocketpairs

10-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey fellow 2+2ers

Long time lurker first time poster here.

Basically loking for some advice on how to play small poclet pairs, I have been having no luck with them as of late, and think that they are the biggest leak in my game.
If anybody has a link or advice on how to play small PP it would be gratefully recieved.

All the best

NV Kaz

Matador225
10-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Don't play them from early postition late in a tournament. You can generally play them in the early stages but a lot of this depends on your table. If you have a lot of maniacs at your table throw them away from EP and MP. If your table is pretty passive you can generally limp them from any position.

Hope this helped,
Jack

TheBlueMonster
10-01-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't play them from early postition late in a tournament. You can generally play them in the early stages but a lot of this depends on your table. If you have a lot of maniacs at your table throw them away from EP and MP. If your table is pretty passive you can generally limp them from any position.

[/ QUOTE ]
seems pretty good advice. I sometimes do play them against raises by maniacs. Cause if you hit a set, you're golden

10-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I willput the advice into practice.

I am drawing to the end of my 1st week playing poker for $,no doubt I will need the forums help many more times in the future LOL

Good cards all !!