PDA

View Full Version : A river decision that probably really doesn't matter

bicyclekick
10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I've never played with villain before...so I really don't know what to think of him. In fact I don't even konw how long he's been sitting htere. He hasn't played any pots far as I've seen. cold caller is "i_dont_chop" - one of the big fish in the 100/200 game. 32/18/1.1 stats to give you a feel. He's just very bad.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: UTG+1 raises, i 3 bet AA 2 behind him, fish cold calls 3, utg+1 calls.

Flop J/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Check, i bet, call, call.

Turn A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check, bet, call, c/r, I 3 bet, cold-call 2,c/r caps, I call.

River 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check, bet, fold, he thinks for 15 seconds and check raises, I ?

bambi
10-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I raise, and raise again

mscags
10-01-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise, and raise again

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids
10-01-2005, 08:04 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz3zzzzzzzzzzzzz

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 08:06 PM
If Im reading the action right, it looks like hes going for hte sexy with JJ or maybe AJ. I dont see how he can possibly have diamonds. How is this not an easy 3bet?

DpR
10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
ya, simple 3 bet and I do think it matters. JJ most likelt, AJ possible.

bicyclekick
10-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Dammit all. Without thinking I hit call and he showed AJ. Mother fer i need to think decisions out.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit all. Without thinking I hit call and he showed AJ. Mother fer i need to think decisions out.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I often do the same. I see that the runner runner flush came and I think "well he CRed the river he must have hit it" without considering that the previous action makes it almost impossible.

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 08:30 PM
call and cuss.

EDIT: I didn't realize that the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's were running.....IMO you have a decision if he caps.

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah, i seen it...
these guys dont know that all the action in was bambambam, then he goes into the tank for 20 sec on the river... pretty wierd, so i understand this guy was freakin you out and the pot was altready huge and you wanted to showdown...
but yeah... threebet it there.

flawless_victory
10-01-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call and cuss.

EDIT: I didn't realize that the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's were running.....IMO you have a decision if he caps.

[/ QUOTE ]call or... call?

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call and cuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's that easy. his range shrinks dramatically when he caps the river IMHO.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call and cuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's that easy. his range shrinks dramatically when he caps the river IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right. his range shrinks to exactly JJ if he caps the river.

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call and cuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right. his range shrinks to exactly JJ if he caps the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r caps

you are right. i don't read well.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 08:50 PM
No offense but I don't care what autopilot mode you're playing on this is an EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ 3-bet, whether it's scared-shitless-autopilot-mode, kamikaze-mode, ABC-mode, default-mode, or any other forms of autopilot you can have.

Jack with diamond draw on turn is possible except the only one he can do that with is AdJd and that is on the board too, he isn't capping the turn with any diamond draw unless he's got two pair to go with it, and with the other cards so low and him raising PF that isn't happening, so, that means he has AJ on the turn or a set on the turn. So simple.

Barry
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
set on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll need to check the deck if he made a set on the turn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Schneids
10-01-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
set on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll need to check the deck if he made a set on the turn. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ, 55, 44.

Barry
10-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Relax, I was busting; you said set on the turn. I know you meant on the flop or "by the turn". And I don't think 55 has a set by the turn either.

bicyclekick
10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't think 55 has a set by the turn either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.

bicyclekick
10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense but I don't care what autopilot mode you're playing on this is an EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ 3-bet, whether it's scared-shitless-autopilot-mode, kamikaze-mode, ABC-mode, default-mode, or any other forms of autopilot you can have.

Jack with diamond draw on turn is possible except the only one he can do that with is AdJd and that is on the board too, he isn't capping the turn with any diamond draw unless he's got two pair to go with it, and with the other cards so low and him raising PF that isn't happening, so, that means he has AJ on the turn or a set on the turn. So simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah alright buddy. I made a mistake. I admitted it. It was freezing up in the heat of battle. I'm not happy/proud of it. I'm just not going to dwell on it. Let it go. I'll be more focussed and not in auto-pilot (and not in any of your dumb forms of autopilot either) next time.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't think 55 has a set by the turn either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif pre-party drinking, tried to respond by memory forgot the board /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

lets return to ripping on BK for being a pussy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schneids
10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah alright buddy. I made a mistake. I admitted it. It was freezing up in the heat of battle. I'm not happy/proud of it. I'm just not going to dwell on it. Let it go. I'll be more focussed and not in auto-pilot (and not in any of your dumb forms of autopilot either) next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still haven't left for Minneapolis yet? You're gonna be late.

bicyclekick
10-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Takes 15 mintutes to get there. Will be there by 930. Worry not.

Barry
10-01-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets return to ripping on BK for being a pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, OK...

BK you're a pussy for not 3-betting the river. Even I would have 3-bet it and I'm always looking for monsters under the bed. Just look at my PFA.