PDA

View Full Version : Single or Multiple Providers?

MyTurn2Raise
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I already receive rakeback on some of the sites I use. I was wondering if anyone had opinions on whether it's better to sign up for a new site with the same affiliate or find a different one?

Obviously, I trust the guy so far. He's been reliable and easy to work with. However, I am afraid of putting all my eggs in one basket.

Any opinions/observations/info?

rt1
10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Ideally you want 1 affiliate for all of your sites. This way you can receive your payments in 1 lump sum and not have to worry about keeping track of 8 different transfers coming in to you. However, affiliates do go bad, broke, or just give up. So having all of your eggs in one basket is a reasonable concern. This is really up to you, if you are only playing on 1-2 sites, I would say keep the same affiliate. If you are playing on every site out there, I would look around and find the best affiliate for that particular poker site.

StacysMom
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with most of what RT said. However, I think his examples are backwards. If I play only on Euro and Empire, and in high volume, it would be really easy to handle 2 affilitates. However, if I play on 8 sites spiratically, one povider would be the only way to do it, as you wont have to worry about random small payments from 8 affiliates.

Losing all
10-01-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am afraid of putting all my eggs in one basket.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think having many accts with one guy is risky.

He could:

Die
go to jail
get out of the busines
stiff you, leaving you w/o RB, or put you in a position where you need to gnome or some such for RB

Also, a minor disagreement can turn a good affiliate relationship to crap.

rt1
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
That would be nice in a perfect world. However, finding an affiliate who provides all 8+ sites you want to play on is going to be hard. When you only play on 1-2 sites, its very easy to move if something were to happen (eggs in 1 basket thing). There is no easy answer to this, we can all come up with reasons for doing one or the other. Try to figure out what best suits you.

Guthrie
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you only play on 1-2 sites, its very easy to move if something were to happen (eggs in 1 basket thing).

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it very easy to move? If I sign up for Empire and the affiliate goes bad, how am I supposed to just dump him and get another affiliate?

rt1
10-02-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you only play on 1-2 sites, its very easy to move if something were to happen (eggs in 1 basket thing).

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it very easy to move? If I sign up for Empire and the affiliate goes bad, how am I supposed to just dump him and get another affiliate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very easy. There are five party skins... if your Empire affiliate goes bad you can move to one of those through another affiliate in less than 2-3 days.