PDA

View Full Version : Why do I need an affiliate?

Onaflag
10-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Just the thought of what I'm about to type is bringing dark evil clouds over my house that I suspect will start dropping basketball sized hail directly onto my head when I hit Post.

Why can't a person be his/her own affiliate and get the whole nut? Answer: Against the rules.

Okay, I'll buy that.

So let's say I decide to become an affiliate, sign up with a site directly and recruit my wife as my first customer. Now, I certainly wouldn't want to profit at my wife's expense, so I give her everything back.

If you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am playing as my wife, great, bust me. Without that proof, what makes it illegal from a legal standpoint, not a moral one.

Onaflag..........

FWIW: I do not do this because I'm a chickensht, but have always been curious.

jman220
10-01-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just the thought of what I'm about to type is bringing dark evil clouds over my house that I suspect will start dropping basketball sized hail directly onto my head when I hit Post.

Why can't a person be his/her own affiliate and get the whole nut? Answer: Against the rules.

Okay, I'll buy that.

So let's say I decide to become an affiliate, sign up with a site directly and recruit my wife as my first customer. Now, I certainly wouldn't want to profit at my wife's expense, so I give her everything back.

If you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am playing as my wife, great, bust me. Without that proof, what makes it illegal from a legal standpoint, not a moral one.

Onaflag..........

FWIW: I do not do this because I'm a chickensht, but have always been curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can get a better rakeback deal from an affiliate then if you signed up as an affiliate yourself and referred yourself as in this example. This is because the affiliates get much higher percentages than you would because they deal in such high volume, so the skins reward them more.

10-01-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Because you can get a better rakeback deal from an affiliate then if you signed up as an affiliate yourself and referred yourself as in this example. This is because the affiliates get much higher percentages than you would because they deal in such high volume, so the skins reward them more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I have an affiliate account with Empire if I refer anyone. The pct they give me is slightly less than the pct. I receive as a player going through my affiliate.

RollaJ
10-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Make life easier. Sign your wife up as an affiliate and make yourself the first customer. Then its all legal

Thythe
10-02-2005, 01:13 PM
In addition to what they said, these poker sites don't give a [censored] about "legal" If they suspect it they can do whatever they want. What are you going to do? Take them to court?

MyTurn2Raise
10-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Seriously, the poker sites have been more than reasonable so far. don't f it up for everyone.

Onaflag
10-02-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, the poker sites have been more than reasonable so far. don't f it up for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't planned on it. General curiosity. As one reply suggested, there is a perfectly acceptable way to do what I was referring to, but the other replies stating that you make more through volume oriented affiliates makes perfect sense. Happy now?

Onaflag..........

stoxtrader
10-03-2005, 10:43 AM
an even more logical reason to not do this is a larger site can pay you more than you can get by yourself, even if you keep 100% of what you get paid.

Piers
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
As long as your are generating a deacent MGR I expect they will leave you alone. If your Bonus Whoring scum of course its a different matter.