PDA

View Full Version : Party's Good players screenames

10-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I have just started playing party poker's 10+1 NL holdem after switching from pokerstars. I tried to search this and couldn't find anything so yell at me if you wish. I was wondering what are some of the screenames of the sharks that play at these stakes on party? any good players i should watch out for? are there any posts anyone could link me to that deal with this topic? thanks in advance

mmbt0ne
10-01-2005, 02:25 PM
FourBBper100 runs over that game. I think he made $100k last year.

10-01-2005, 02:32 PM
You won't run into the same players enough to justify worrying about individuals at the 11s. Just concentrate on developing your own game and post any hands that you're unsure about in these forums.

You don't start continually running into the same people over long periods of time until the 33s.

protoverus
10-01-2005, 02:41 PM
I've played over 3000 $10's. Worrying about avoiding the tough players is futile.

1) You rarely come across the same people. If you do, it likely won't be enough times to make a difference. In those 3000 I've got about 20 players who I played with enough to care about and half of those sucked.

2) The $10's (afternoon and later) fill up so fast that they should give prizes just for gettting a seat. If you try 'scouting' a table you'll be staring at a full table by the time you make a decision.

3) You can usually tell who the better payers are by lvl 3 anyway...they haven't played many hands (rare).

If you had other reasons to ask, I apologize. Frankly, I don't know the answer to your question.

Be well.

SCfuji
10-01-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fill up so fast that they should give prizes just for gettting a seat

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

10-01-2005, 02:44 PM
not to hijack (but since they already answered the question)... last poster said "be well" and, haha, all I can think of is Demolition Man.

now I've gotta go play poker, and make a murder/death/kill

woot!

10-01-2005, 02:56 PM
you could watch out for me, but i'm moving up to the 20's

gildwulf
10-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Anyone murdering the 10s will move up. This is an exercise in futility.

sng-sam
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
LOL I know you! I recongnize your screen name from Party! I wrote a whole thread here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3514131 &Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&M ain=3514131&Search=true&where=&Name=27362&daterang e=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post3514131) about how you accused me of being a bot! Welcome to the forum! P.S. You're Momma's a BOT!

Straight Flushes,

SAM

10-01-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL I know you! I recongnize your screen name from Party! I wrote a whole thread here about how you accused me of being a bot! Welcome to the forum! P.S. You're Momma's a BOT!

Straight Flushes,

SAM

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I actually read that post right after I played and it sounded a little too much like me accusing you of being a bot. I figured that it could've been me, but with thousands of 10 dollar games going on a day what are the chances.

I don't know why I kept calling you a bot after awhile though, you were alternating your time between bets and everything. I guess I figured no chat = bot which is stupid logic on my part.

In a way us multitablers are nothing but bots on the 10 dollar tables anyway /images/graemlins/wink.gif cya around

Messy_Jesse
10-01-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played over 3000 $10's

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

The Don
10-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Everyone is terrible a the 11s, otherwise they would be playing higher.

protoverus
10-01-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've played over 3000 $10's

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to see the LONG run before I considered myself a winning player... some of the 20-30 buy-in downswings made me doubt myself until I learned better...

oh yeah, and I bought my wife stuff with the bankroll to convince her poker was good!

Be well.

protoverus
10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and I suck.... No, seriously, sometimes I can't believe the plays I've made.

Be well.

Oluwafemi
10-01-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reread your post and see if it's 100% correct.

now, if you still don't see what's wrong with it, i'll offer myself as an example. i don't play higher than the $11s, not because i'm terrible, but:

1. my real job takes up most of time.
2. i don't have the bankroll to play the $22s and higher.

these are two of the singlemost important reasons why i don't play higher. with enough time and a bankroll sufficient enough, i believe i have the skill level of a lower rung $33 player.

NiR
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SORRY BUT i do agree with this guy. it took me 15 days to make a br for the 22's. i dont c why anyone would have a trouble making a br within a month of starting 11's.been playing for 1 month 14 days about and am on the 55's 8 tabling with good br. PEACEEE.

TheNoodleMan
10-01-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now, if you still don't see what's wrong with it, i'll offer myself as an example. i don't play higher than the $11s, not because i'm terrible, but:

these are two of the singlemost important reasons why i don't play higher. with enough time and a bankroll sufficient enough, i believe i have the skill level of a lower rung $33 player.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can win at the 11s and can't get a bankroll together for the 22s, then something is very wrong with your bankroll management skills.

Oluwafemi
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can win at the 11s and can't get a bankroll together for the 22s, then something is very wrong with your bankroll management skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are other personal and financial factors which directly and indirectly affect my poker play that i don't care to divulge. think what you want.

10-01-2005, 11:42 PM
I've been on Ultra-heater for the past 200 $11s (54% roi /images/graemlins/shocked.gif), and super-cooler for my entire 230 $22s (-10 buy-ins+) so that's why I'm still at the 11s.

And to the OP, you should watch out for:
- seinfeld_j
- kramer_c

those two guys will kick your ass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SlackerMcFly
10-01-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are other personal and financial factors which directly and indirectly affect my poker play that i don't care to divulge. think what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put Olu! Many players have a job, kids, wife, parole officer, etc. that take up time, energy and bankroll. I'm personally really happy single-tabling whatever level I'm comfortable with at the time given the circumstances of my life.

Measuring success for me doesn't involve buy-in levels, stats, number of tourneys played at one time or <favorite gauge of playing ability here>.

What matters to me right now is that my wife's car payments are made on time, my trips to Vegas and Reno are paid for (and profitable) my bankroll is sufficient to play at the level I'm consistently beating and I'm having a great deal of fun playing poker for profit.

BTW, I only play up to the $55's with the rare MTT or $109. For now.

SlackerMcLearning

lastsamurai
10-02-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I've been on Ultra-heater for the past 200 $11s (54% roi ), and super-cooler for my entire 230 $22s (-10 buy-ins+) so that's why I'm still at the 11s.

And to the OP, you should watch out for:
- seinfeld_j
- kramer_c

those two guys will kick your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
what about - bennes-E or Neuman-

FlyWf
10-02-2005, 02:53 AM
I don't buy it. Why would someone who thinks they can beat the $22s choose not to?
If you can pull a 20% ROI at the $11s you'd be rolled for the $22s in a couple of months even if time is a serious constraint. Nobody turns down free money.

protoverus
10-02-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't buy it. Why would someone who thinks they can beat the $22s choose not to?
If you can pull a 20% ROI at the $11s you'd be rolled for the $22s in a couple of months even if time is a serious constraint. Nobody turns down free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I already alluded, perhaps people (like me) are spending the winnings not saving it. Maybe not the best choice for building a roll, but I have other priorities too. Plus, it's not my living, just a fun hobby that provides for extra spending cash. Imagine that.

Be well.

10-02-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not free money (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roi7sd.png)

Sykes
10-02-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not free money (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roi7sd.png)

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you have tracker track your sngs??

FlyWf
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, yeah, I know the $22s are harder. Olu seems to think he can beat the $33s but he claims he is choosing not to. And that's ego-boosting crap.

Oluwafemi
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, yeah, I know the $22s are harder. Olu seems to think he can beat the $33s but he claims he is choosing not to. And that's ego-boosting crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Olu doesn't seem to think he can beat the $33s nor does Olu claim so but chooses not too. i said i have the skill level of a lower rung $33 player. said player may be able to beat the $22s but may be a modest winner or breakeven player in the $33s. i also said that i don't have a lot of time to play [because of my real job] and i don't have the bankroll to play consistently higher than the $11s. my bankroll is limited because of personal and financial reasons [which need not be discussed] and these are some of the biggest factors why i don't play higher than the $11s. nothing about that is ego boosting for my sakes. i have no doubt that with the proper time to devote to my game, a sufficient enough starting bankroll, and enough playing time i could make a living at the $33s.

skipperbob
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put Olu! Many players have a job, kids, wife, parole officer, etc. that take up time, energy and bankroll. I'm personally really happy single-tabling whatever level I'm comfortable with at the time given the circumstances of my life.

Measuring success for me doesn't involve buy-in levels, stats, number of tourneys played at one time or <favorite gauge of playing ability here>.

What matters to me right now is that my wife's car payments are made on time, my trips to Vegas and Reno are paid for (and profitable) my bankroll is sufficient to play at the level I'm consistently beating and I'm having a great deal of fun playing poker for profit.

BTW, I only play up to the $55's with the rare MTT or $109. For now.

SlackerMcLearning

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure Dude: But you forgot the part about having a "system" to beat "Let'it Ride" /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Verdi
10-03-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a bankroll question, and not just skill. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I play 10+1 because I want to play without worrying sometimes. I usually play $50/100/200PL Omaha high but play the occasional SNG to relax and have some fun.

zambonidrivr
10-03-2005, 11:50 AM
i have the same problem, except on a heater on $20's and getting shreaded on the $30's.

seems that on the $20's people have not quite figured out FE and blind/stack relationships, and on the $30's people are calling with any 2, and have not figured out that it might be better to fold and steal yourself.

on the $10's, i am not sure what to say about the $10's. enough said.

10-04-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

on the $10's, i am not sure what to say about the $10's. enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, last night this fool paid me off when (my A5) turned trip 5's HU against his overcards (Q9). He hit a nine on the river and paid off my value bet.

I didn't say anything until later when I held JJ and flopped J66 against 4 opponents (including him). Checked around and I bet it pretty strong. Folded around. I showed the 2nd nuts and he goes "God, good thing I didn't have a 6".

I said: "Yeah, or Q9...you might have paid my boat off with Q9"

tom441lbk
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have just started playing party poker's 10+1 NL holdem after switching from pokerstars. I tried to search this and couldn't find anything so yell at me if you wish. I was wondering what are some of the screenames of the sharks that play at these stakes on party? any good players i should watch out for? are there any posts anyone could link me to that deal with this topic? thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

me, i'll be back at the 11s soon after my brief foray into 6max, but i'll only be there for a couple weeks hopefully just to get back into the swing, i'll be 8 tabling, and my sn's are pretty similar/wacky, so see you around

stupidsucker
10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I am now at the 11s rebuilding, and I wouldnt be the first player there doing so.

The 11s are a magical wonderland of bankroll building. They help with confidence as well. You will find lots and lots of good and great players there.

If I had a regular job I would never go lower then the 55s probably, but I don't. When my BR gets low I have choices to make, and stepping down is normally the best choice to make.

Lets make more absolute blanket statements and see where that gets us...