PDA

View Full Version : promotional events and rakeback...

stupidsucker
10-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Has anyone else ever won a major promotion with a party skin?

I won that WSOP seat this year and I think it messed up my rakeback. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions, but my rakeback account stopped paying me at empire. I asked my affiliate about it, and he is looking into the matter.

I am not being paranoid, or claiming conspiracy. It is very possible that promotional giveaways subtract from MGR thus killing my rakeback, but boy does it grind my gears!!!

craig r
10-01-2005, 01:34 PM
How did you win the seat? Was it in a tournament? If so, that doesn't make sense, because the tournament fees generally pay for your trip.

craig

gildwulf
10-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Congrats, man.

stupidsucker
10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I won the trip through tournament masters. There was no fee. The tournament was free because of our placement in the top 100 of empire's leaderboard. Winner take all $10,000 seat.

Turns out this will cost me more money then it was even worth. If rakeback was really affected then I had to pay for $2,500 of my own seat. This with the fact that my roi dropped 20% since winning the seat has me feeling mighty blue. (5k sample size)

Conspiracy and happenstance are long lost brothers. There is no real conspiracy. God just hates me.

KingMedicine
10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
God just hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

god loves all his children.

stupidsucker
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
bump... no one knows anything?