PDA

View Full Version : KK early in $5 + 1, did I overplay it?

10-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I've been playing SNG's for about 1 year on UB exclusively and have been a winning player. I decided to try out Party and am trying to adjust my play accordingly.

Early in the tourny, no real reads. I can't get bisonbison to work so here goes. Hero is UTG.

Table Table 12009 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: gsxrcooz ( $890 )
Seat 2: darnvader ( $1020 )
Seat 9: tc1175 ( $710 )
Seat 5: Hero ( $770 )
Seat 3: rrooyy111 ( $700 )
Seat 7: Sam___Bass ( $1450 )
Seat 10: bostonsteve4 ( $750 )
Seat 6: mshorty67 ( $715 )
Seat 8: ilittle17 ( $995 )
Trny:16228265 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kh ]
Hero raises [120].
mshorty67 folds.
Sam___Bass folds.
ilittle17 folds.
tc1175 folds.
bostonsteve4 folds.
gsxrcooz folds.
darnvader folds.
rrooyy111 calls [90].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, 6d, 6h ]
rrooyy111 checks.
Hero checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
rrooyy111 checks.
Hero bets [60].
rrooyy111 raises [120].
Hero is all-In [590]
rrooyy111 folds.
Hero does not show cards.
ms29035 wins 1025 chips

Was the turn all-in way over the top? I thought he had an Ace and might go for it.

lorinda
10-01-2005, 10:07 AM
If he had an ace, or a six, he would not have folded. If he had anything else except a flush draw or gutshot, he would have folded to a minimum bet.

You played it fine.

Some people will say that you should call again and hope the diamond falls, but my philosophy is to raise and hope he tries to hit a diamond, because it's not falling very often /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lori

10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Since I have position, and a damn monster, I will usually just call the turn and hope he bets the river so I can go over the top.

However thats just me, and your play is fine (sometimes it might be the better play).

skiier04
10-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Am I weird if I bet the flop here??

At least if hero pretty much always CB's after a pfr.

nuclear500
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes.

You're only afraid of an Ace on the river, he'd have let you know if he had a 6.

Minraise him back, confuse the hell out of him.

mosdef
10-01-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I weird if I bet the flop here??

At least if hero pretty much always CB's after a pfr.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a 5+1. even if hero is a habitual c-bettor, the opponent won't use that information (or even be aware of it) to infer that the hero may have nothing and therefore call. since your hand is such that you don't have to worry about draws, this is a rare place where it's beneficial to slowplay. if you check the flop against a typical 5+1er, you open up lots of opportunities to win money on the turn. if the opponent hits one of his pocket cards, he's putting more money in for sure (given your flop check) and if he misses he may bet the turn with air anyway (just like they do on tv!)

if you have multiple opponents, fine - bet the monster since someone may come along. if you have a big hand that's not invincible to draws (trips on 2-flush board, for example) then bet to protect. but here, i don't see a benefit to the bet. if the guy has a six, you're getting his whole stack anyway. if he has nothing and is dumb enough to call a flop bet with nothing, he would be dumb enough to call later too.

the turn is basically a perfect card. it allows a guy with an ace or a flush draw to hand over chips. now you can value bet, because there are worse hands that call. on the flop, there isn't (except a six, and like i said you're getting his whole stack then anyway, no matter what line you take).

10-01-2005, 01:31 PM
minraise back. It'd be real tough for him to fold unless he had absolutely nothing.