PDA

View Full Version : 4/8 live at wynn

chiachu
10-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Hero is delt A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on button

Preflop: EP calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="blue">hero calls </font>, <font color="red">SB raises </font> raises, BB calls, all call

Reads: BB/EP are calling stations, MP1 is decent, SB/MP2 are LAG

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red">SB bets </font>, BB calls, <font color="red"> MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, LP folds, <font color="blue"> hero 3-bets </font>, all call

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to hero who bets, SB/BB call, MP1 raises, MP2 fold, <font color="blue"> hero calls? </font>

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:33 AM
I call here... the overcalls here are very valuable

milesdyson
10-01-2005, 05:36 AM
3-bet.

Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

are much more likely than 88 or 44 (he should/would have capped the flop with either holding). and the callers between will call your raise with top pair kings.

edit: nice avatar Jax.

Vote4Pedro
10-01-2005, 05:38 AM
reraise that [censored] all day homie

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:40 AM
hmmm...here's what I was thinking. I really don't think we're behind here, but I want to get a lot in the pot. I was thinking call the turn and raise the river to encourage weak diamonds to come along. I think a turn 3-bet will force at least one of the others out. who are drawing almost dead. I'd like to have them make a second best hand if possible. Maybe I am wrong on this one though. Show me some math miles.

I am cold_cash's biatch.

chiachu
10-01-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hmmm...here's what I was thinking. I really don't think we're behind here, but I want to get a lot in the pot. I was thinking call the turn and raise the river to encourage weak diamonds to come along. I think a turn 3-bet will force at least one of the others out. who are drawing almost dead. I'd like to have them make a second best hand if possible. Maybe I am wrong on this one though. Show me some math miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my thought at the time when i called.

Vote4Pedro
10-01-2005, 05:43 AM
dude you seriously gotta change that avatar...we're the ones being punished, not you

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you seriously gotta change that avatar...we're the ones being punished, not you

[/ QUOTE ]

firefox, right click, block images from....

chiachu
10-01-2005, 05:45 AM
ok moving ahead in the hand...
everyone called behind me on the turn

River J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to MP1 who looks at hero for a second then bets, hero ???

Vote4Pedro
10-01-2005, 05:46 AM
ty, vnh

Vote4Pedro
10-01-2005, 05:48 AM
ummmm....throw all of your chips in

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:48 AM
ok, upon mulling it over while being too lazy to do the calculations, I think that if a raise is correct here, then a raise was correct on the turn. I am now really thinking a raise was right on the turn, because if they were going to call the raise now, they certainly would have called it on the turn especially since they already had some $$ in the pot.

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The zoo completely ignores my questions lately, and I think it's mostly due to my avatar

milesdyson
10-01-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am wrong on this one though. Show me some math miles.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have no math, but the OP said that BB was a calling station and that SB was a lag. i see this as an opportunity to take advantage of their poor play. they're both very often calling the turn with any diamond even though it's costing them another 2 bets. with players like this i usually just think about the guy i could be worried about. in this case it's a tightaggro bossaggro guy and i am pretty sure i'm ahead of him.

also keep in mind that if we don't 3-bet, anyone with a king is calling correctly with 4 outs to a full house. i didn't look at it too closely but the pot looks pretty ginormous at the turn.

jaxUp
10-01-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am wrong on this one though. Show me some math miles.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have no math, but the OP said that BB was a calling station and that SB was a lag. i see this as an opportunity to take advantage of their poor play. they're both very often calling the turn with any diamond even though it's costing them another 2 bets. with players like this i usually just think about the guy i could be worried about. in this case it's a tightaggro bossaggro guy and i am pretty sure i'm ahead of him.

also keep in mind that if we don't 3-bet, anyone with a king is calling correctly with 4 outs to a full house. i didn't look at it too closely but the pot looks pretty ginormous at the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, that's what I was starting to put together myself

milesdyson
10-01-2005, 05:57 AM
gotta say it again - that's a sweet avatar

chiachu
10-01-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hm i didnt consider this at the time.

i ended up thinking for a while and then raising the river.
I finished the hand confused and asked myself alot of questions that were touched upon here already.

ie.
If im raising this river, why didnt i raise the turn?
How concerned should i be about MP having a boat already?
How does this affect my decision about keeping the other 2 people in the pot?
Would they even fold for 2 more bets on the turn/river anyways?

Aaron W.
10-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Do you see how big the pot is? The pot is big enough that you just want to win it. There's no more hand protection and it's big enough that villains will have a tough time folding if they have anything decent. 3-bet the turn and hope MP caps his queen-high flush.