PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback posts in the Zoo

Inthacup
10-01-2005, 04:39 AM
what's the protocol here? If there is a rakeback post in the zoo that belongs in the rakeback forum, should I move it or just notify a Zoo moderator so that they can move it?

Sorry for the n00bie Mod question.

Cup

Dynasty
10-01-2005, 04:54 AM
It should be moved by a Zoo mod. (only a Zoo mod would be able to)

Inthacup
10-01-2005, 05:05 AM
thanks

MrWookie47
10-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Speaking of which, POKhER, a frequenter of the micro forum, made what looked like to me in his description of his post to be a relatively benign rakeback question asking about which sites have rakeback. He wasn't asking for specfic offers or plugging a specific affiliate (unless he conveniently left that out when he described his post to me), but he received a temporary banning. Now, I don't know the zoo policy, and I don't want to overrule any other mods. However, POKhER opened up a new account to explain the situation and express his regret at doing something that he didn't even realize was so stupid. How long was he banned for? I told him I'd look into when he could come back under his account, and perhaps I could further explain the policy to him.

Mike Haven
10-01-2005, 02:30 PM
He posted the following, under Mat's "No Rakeback" sticky:

< "POKhER

confused newbie

Reged: 06/21/05
Loc: .50/1 At Stars - LONDON, UK.

Rakebacks

#3543943 - 10/01/05 12:36 AM

Just wondering before i sign up to sites to bonus whore, What sites offer RAKEBACK DEALS?
Any prima sites?
Party sites?
Thanks in advanced, please be clear." >

I had just deleted two other rakeback threads, and, to be honest, I thought that with 660 posts he was taking the piss, so I banned him with the intention of unbanning him as soon as he contacted me.

He has since contacted another mod who contacted me, and I have unbanned him.

MrWookie47
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Alright, thanks for the info. I wasn't questioning your decision, just advocating for one of my own /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Greg J
10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
He should have known better. He had a "dee-dee-dee" moment ala Carlos Mencia. Thanks for unbanning him though. He's a good guy that did a really dumbass thing.