PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland - This is getting ugly.

Clarkmeister
10-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Talk about slamming it in reverse once the reality that the games really count sinks in. Wow.

TheRover
10-01-2005, 01:52 AM
No kidding. How the [censored] do you lose to CWS AAA team? They're the only team left I have that I got any money on (to win the ALCS).

I could use a little help fellas.

LBJ
10-01-2005, 01:59 AM
If we win tommorow, we're automatically tied for the wild card. I guess I'll take it, but I'm pretty [censored] pissed right now.

Anyone know if Garland will actually pitch tommorow, he's scheduled to.

Dynasty
10-01-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Talk about slamming it in reverse once the reality that the games really count sinks in. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a prediction. But, it was a warning. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3497138&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

DougOzzzz
10-01-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we win tommorow, we're automatically tied for the wild card.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? If the Sox/Yanks split the last 2 games, they finish with 95 wins. If Cleveland wins tomorrow they have 94 wins.

Huskiez
10-01-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? If the Sox/Yanks split the last 2 games, they finish with 95 wins. If Cleveland wins tomorrow they have 94 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant that after Saturday's games, Cleveland (assuming they win) and tomorrow's Yanks/Bosox loser will both be 94-67. Tied for the wild card heading into Sunday.

DougOzzzz
10-01-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant that after Saturday's games, Cleveland (assuming they win) and tomorrow's Yanks/Bosox loser will both be 94-67. Tied for the wild card heading into Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really exciting for Cleveland.

10-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Garland will pitch, probably about the same amount of pitches Buehrle did today, I think most of the starters are going to be back too so its going to be that much harder.

thegoose420
10-01-2005, 03:06 AM
lets just all hope the tribe choke and lose the next game to the white soxs AAA team, so we can se some real entertainment with Boston and the Yanks

LoaferGee12
10-01-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No kidding. How the [censored] do you lose to CWS AAA team? They're the only team left I have that I got any money on (to win the ALCS).

I could use a little help fellas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I mean the team that you lost to was the pitching of the WSox which was not the AAA team. It's not like our batting ripped you guys apart.

Victor
10-01-2005, 05:51 AM
that was the funniest game i have ever seen. i am positive the guillen tried to throw the game for the tribe. cmon: 3 starters, bringin in the righty to face a lefty. yet the tribe couldnt win. hilarity at its finest.

regardless, cmon guillen, you can do it, just try harder.

JayLear
10-01-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that was the funniest game i have ever seen. i am positive the guillen tried to throw the game for the tribe. cmon: 3 starters, bringin in the righty to face a lefty. yet the tribe couldnt win. hilarity at its finest.

regardless, cmon guillen, you can do it, just try harder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's face it -- he came in to this game not caring if they won. And I can't blame him. This team has had like one off day all of September. They've been playing intense baseball every day this month. I'm glad he rested the regulars last night. They needed an exhale.

MarkL444
10-01-2005, 09:31 AM
MLB is smiling.

kenberman
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gammons was just saying how tight this team looks; I agree. CWS will be playing big leaguers today, as well.

Toro
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Posted by Toro on 9/28 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Nothing to base this on but I think Cleveland already shot their load and won't be there at the end. It's going to be a fun weekend."

Clarkmeister
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets just all hope the tribe doesn't choke and lose the next game to the white soxs AAA team, so we don't have to vomit as ESPN fellates Boston and the Yanks

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnybeef
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I can't take it anymore. Here is what is going to happen: The Tribe will win tomorrow, and the Bosox will lose forcing a 1 game playoff. The Indians will lose, and make me whant to hang myslelf. I hate being a Cleveland fan.

ps Lebron will leave after his contract is up next year also.

Huskiez
10-01-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ps Lebron will leave after his contract is up next year also.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to HoopsHype (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm), LeBron is signed for two more years.

I'm banking on that as a Knicks fan, because our payroll is still pretty high at the end of next year, but we lose about 50 million in payroll after two years. Hopefully Isiah doesn't blow this one. It's our only hope.

TheRover
10-01-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully Isiah doesn't blow this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. unlikely.

technologic
10-01-2005, 06:03 PM
GG CLEVELAND MAYBE NEXT YEAR, HUH?

Victor
10-01-2005, 06:06 PM
lebron has 2 years left. beyond that, it is no certainty that he will leave.

andyfox
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
It ain't over yet. It don't look good, but stranger things have happened.

Aytumious
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This year and next, plus the QO the year after that. I seriously doubt he's going anywhere at that point. It's all media conjecture.

Victor
10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
i am not too familiar with the more arcane baseball history. but it seems that this could be the largest collapse ever?

losing 5 of 6 games down the stretch is obviously awful. furthermore, to lose each game by 1 run and to strand runners in scoring position in the 8th or 9th in each game makes the chumpage even worse. 3 times in the last 2 games they have had a runner on 3rd with 1 out and not brought him in.

Victor
10-01-2005, 06:13 PM
you are correct. i forgot about the option. the media, and most non-cav bball fans, however, are expecting lebron to demand a trade at the point.

i highly doubt it tho.

Dynasty
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am not too familiar with the more arcane baseball history. but it seems that this could be the largest collapse ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering they were never in the wild card lead by as much as two games, I don't think it qualifies as a collapse at all.

technologic
10-01-2005, 06:23 PM
a team that can't even beat a chicago bench squad...can they face up to the likes of the red sox in a 163rd game?

Aytumious
10-01-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are correct. i forgot about the option. the media, and most non-cav bball fans, however, are expecting lebron to demand a trade at the point.

i highly doubt it tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lebron would either have to agree to a major pay cut to sign with any other team than the Cavs. The only other option is a sign and trade, but Ferry would be insane to agree to that, so it seems very likely he will resign for the max. Plus, they will actually be good IMO over the next few years, so I don't see why he would leave. Finally, the freakin Knicks will not have the cap room to sign him since Isiah is such a brain dead [censored] moran of a GM.

tolbiny
10-01-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you been watching? I believe that cleveland as a city is now 0-110 in sports seasons since the browns won the nfl championship the year before the superbowl was "created".
another 30 years of this and i swear i'm not watching sports anymore.

jstnrgrs
10-01-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you been watching? I believe that cleveland as a city is now 0-110 in sports seasons since the browns won the nfl championship the year before the superbowl was "created".

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to break it to you, but the browns lost the championship game that year.
link (http://www.nfl.com/history/standings/1965)

johnnybeef
10-02-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon dude, you are from cleveland. do you honestly expect anything else? get real. cleveland is the worst city in the world, and i used to love everything about it.

johnnybeef
10-02-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you honestly think that your boys on the southy side would have stood a chance had the tribe played slightly better in april? interesting. so how do you think your boys are going to do next year once my boys have a year of playoff intensity under their belt? furthermore, we ain't out quite yet.

johnnybeef
10-02-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a team that can't even beat a chicago bench squad...can they face up to the likes of the red sox in a 163rd game?

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement shows how little you actually know about baseball, saying how the AAA team's pitching has shut down the tribe. next time do us all a favor and shut the [censored] up.

johnnybeef
10-02-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last summer, The Akron Beacon Journal did a story on the last time a market had won a championship and compared it to other cities that had a similar amount of major league teams. To make a long story short, there were a lot of cities that had one or two major league franchises that had never seen a championship. But, there was only one city with 3 or more franchises that had not seen a major sports championship in over 40 years (or even 25 for that matter!) I am so sick and tired of hearing about how the loveable losers live in Chicago (or until last year Boston) as the real losers live in Cleveland. There are not too many cities that have more devout fans than the mistake by the lake, and there certainly are none that are more deserving of a winner. The Indians broke my heart this week. I don't know if I can take anymore.

I really want to stab my throught as I know that Lebron will be the next big hope to desert me. It is the Cleveland way.

Good luck to you all in the playoffs or rege NFL season.

Johnny

imported_CaseClosed326
10-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Hey it least you still have this guy:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/19/199740.jpg

JayLear
10-02-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last summer, The Akron Beacon Journal did a story on the last time a market had won a championship and compared it to other cities that had a similar amount of major league teams. To make a long story short, there were a lot of cities that had one or two major league franchises that had never seen a championship. But, there was only one city with 3 or more franchises that had not seen a major sports championship in over 40 years (or even 25 for that matter!) I am so sick and tired of hearing about how the loveable losers live in Chicago (or until last year Boston) as the real losers live in Cleveland. There are not too many cities that have more devout fans than the mistake by the lake, and there certainly are none that are more deserving of a winner. The Indians broke my heart this week. I don't know if I can take anymore.

I really want to stab my throught as I know that Lebron will be the next big hope to desert me. It is the Cleveland way.

Johnny

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, get in off the ledge. Seriously. I'd be pretty happy with my baseball team for taking me on the kind of ride the tribe took you on, considering where they were a few months ago. The way they've played the last month is awesome. As a Sox fan, I was probably out on the same window ledge as you're on now, just like a week ago. The Tribe went to two series in the 90's -- I'd give anything to see the Sox get there this year.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you honestly think that your boys on the southy side would have stood a chance had the tribe played slightly better in april?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think your boys would've finished closer than the 5 games they are going to lose by if the Sox had played better in August and September?

DangerGoodson
10-02-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is real racist, but does anyone find humor in a black man sitting infront of a tyson chicken advertisment..

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is real racist, but does anyone find humor in a black man sitting infront of a tyson chicken advertisment..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not too late to just delete this post.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well. For the record, #55 was the first given the opportunity to change destiny.

Voltron87
10-02-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well now that you quoted it... and I quoted it...

as for the indians, well, from the perspective of 2 weeks ago i can't say i'm that suprised. from a couple days ago i thought they were a lock though. its going to be very very hard for them to make it now, at least 75% bosox.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I would've deleted it had #55 deleted it. I was just giving him a quality plan of attack.

jdl22
10-02-2005, 12:57 PM
At the risk of being added as 56, is the running tally people you're ignoring or just people that are idiots? I've seen the tally for some time now but I missed the beginning somehow.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the risk of being added as 56, is the running tally people you're ignoring or just people that are idiots? I've seen the tally for some time now but I missed the beginning somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

An idiot list would be *much* higher. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

johnnybeef
10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Johnny

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, get in off the ledge. Seriously. I'd be pretty happy with my baseball team for taking me on the kind of ride the tribe took you on, considering where they were a few months ago. The way they've played the last month is awesome. As a Sox fan, I was probably out on the same window ledge as you're on now, just like a week ago. The Tribe went to two series in the 90's -- I'd give anything to see the Sox get there this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also give my left nut to see one of my pro teams win a championship in my lifetime (let alone two if you are older than 20)

technologic
10-02-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement shows how little you actually know about baseball, saying how the AAA team's pitching has shut down the tribe. next time do us all a favor and shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

did i state anything about triple A? no.

don't come crying to me because [censored] didn't go down the way you wanted it to.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Down 3-0 already. Terrible. Cleveland, you suck.

stanky
10-02-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the sox are just good.

JayLear
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The sox are just good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Love your new avatar, Stanky! There's your Cy Young! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing 6 of your last 7 is sucking.

JayLear
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pardon the poker expression, but until the Sox clinched the Central, the Tribe had more outs. Once the Sox clinched, the roles were reversed. The Sox were playing with no pressure and the Indians suddenly had everything to lose. It's hard to hit when you're squeezing sawdust out of the bat. The Sox are now playing loose, the same way they did early in the season.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pardon the poker expression, but until the Sox clinched the Central, the Tribe had more outs. Once the Sox clinched, the roles were reversed. The Sox were playing with no pressure and the Indians suddenly had everything to lose. It's hard to hit when you're squeezing sawdust out of the bat. The Sox are now playing loose, the same way they did early in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that changes the fact that losing 6 of your last 7 is sucking. Sucky suck suck.

stanky
10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right. I fixed it.

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right. I fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I was wondering why you were passing on a chance to tell Cleveland about their inherent suckiness. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JayLear
10-02-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that changes the fact that losing 6 of your last 7 is sucking. Sucky suck suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but I have a very hard time taking a 93-win team that made their last game of the season a meaningful game, and throwing them under the bus. I'm looking at it as a sad end to a good story. The Tribe was awesome for a 6-week stretch -- no question.

stanky
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I was wondering why you were passing on a chance to tell Cleveland about their inherent suckiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only surpassed by the Cubs suckiness. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very hard time taking a 93-win team that made their last game of the season a meaningful game, and throwing them under the bus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any such problem.

JayLear
10-02-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very hard time taking a 93-win team that made their last game of the season a meaningful game, and throwing them under the bus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any such problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets just all hope the tribe doesn't choke and lose the next game to the white soxs AAA team, so we don't have to vomit as ESPN fellates Boston and the Yanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
These have been my exact thoughts for the last two weeks.

GoT

tolbiny
10-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Shhhh- let me have my delusions.

tolbiny
10-02-2005, 04:12 PM
The Tribe went to two series in the 90's

First team ever to lose a world series leading in the 9th inning of game 7.