PDA

View Full Version : time to work on becoming a writer...

whiskeytown
10-01-2005, 12:27 AM
So anyways, I'm at work, and we have the weekly newsletter, and this week it's my boss's turn to write it, and he's going somewhere with it but he doesn't like it...so he asks me - what do I think would be a good idea, and I throw out some tool we're working on, and he goes "yah" and asks me to throw something easy together if I can.

so I'm writing it, and like everything I write it goes way too long, but as I'm doing it and editing it and proofreading it - even though it's a halfway hack PR piece...(this tool will enable us to improve our MTTR by so and so) - I am really enjoying writing.

I'm writing a bit of a PR newsletter piece, FOR MY BOSS, who god bless him, won't put my name above the line - LOL - and I realize what I have known for a long time.

I used to say my dream job was to be a musician - of course - what I meant was - my dream was to be a songwriter. Of course, that could also be a writer. Either way, it works out to be the same. I would really like to be a writer instead of a techie. I would like to be a writer (and musician) more then I would even like to be a professional poker player.

I am a writer, of course - besides the songs, essays, and blog, I had a chapter published that I wrote in 2000 regarding certification - (it was one of eleven chapters in a tech book) - so I know I can be published cause I have my book on the shelf - yah babeee...

so I need to start pursuing it more - the songwriting thing is very hard - too damn hard, really - takes an incredible amount of effort - this sort of thing is so much easier - like taking a turn at 60 mph instead of 180. So I'm gonna do more writing of all types, but esp. in the blog - and try to get out of the OOT/politics rut I'm usually in.

I love elippses though....periods....parathenses....not ending sentences with anything but a dash -

I will need one [censored] of a editor someday - LOL - maybe I'll even take a class or two on it...

I would be lying if I said not drinking for 3.5 weeks hasn't helped in this area - I'd also be lying if I didn't say smoking weed has seemed to tap a couple areas of creativity I didn't know I had access to. So that's nice, if for no other reason then esp. fictionwise it gives me a direction.

that is all - expect all posts to be more verbose - twice the size and half the substance.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

touchfaith
10-01-2005, 12:28 AM
nobody cares

MINETZ
10-01-2005, 12:28 AM
this is def to long to resapond when ur drunk, sorry

SackUp
10-01-2005, 01:14 AM
obviously you are not a golfer