PDA

View Full Version : Welcome - Questions

rt1
10-01-2005, 12:08 AM
This forum is probably going to be a big surprise to most 2+2ers due to the fact that rakeback/affiliate discussion has been off limits to this website for about the past year. Please read our Welcome FAQ here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3519463&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1). If you have any more questions just reply to this thread and we will try to get them answered ASAP.

Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

somapopper
10-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Just curious why % discussion is off limits. It seems this will result in threads like the folowing:

"affiliate x is so much better than affiliate y."
"Why is affiliate x better?"
"I'm not allowed to tell you."

Sorry if I'm being dense.

rt1
10-01-2005, 01:30 AM
it can too easily be abused for spamming.

an affiliate could post

'i get xx% from yy site'

and everyone pms this user asking who his affiliate is.

sorry, we wont allow it, and any threads we see moving in this direction will be locked.

lorinda
10-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Just to point out, that despite my disagreement with a method or two of the business, I'm in 100% agreement that spammers should not be tolerated.

I'll certainly be happy to report anyone using such tactics to try to spam your forum as if I'm against rakeback, I'm CERTAINLY against people spamming rakeback for free in somebody else's paid territory.

Lori

sexdrugsmoney
10-01-2005, 03:49 AM
I almost thought it was April 1st when I saw this forum.

So I have a question:

If I'm with affiliate x can I post questions to affiliate x here using the name they go by?

Also, some affiliates claim to have many 2+2ers as references (see their ads) will they be taking a special part in this new forum?

Cheers,
SDM

Inthacup
10-01-2005, 04:21 AM
If I'm with affiliate x can I post questions to affiliate x here using the name they go by?

We will have to use discretion with this topic, but in many cases, yes, you will be able to post questions to specific affiliates and have them answered. However, if it is used as thinly veiled spam, then we will have to act accordingly.

some affiliates claim to have many 2+2ers as references (see their ads) will they be taking a special part in this new forum?

I can say for sure that RakeTracker will be involved in this forum. We will be offering ad space to other reputable affiliates and there are plans to make them part of this forum as well.

We'll be able to provide more details as they develop.

Cup

Photoc
10-01-2005, 04:36 AM
How about making a newbie FAQ kinda like the B&M forum has. Include a description of what rakeback is, how you get paid, and direct them where to find reputable companies along with where NOT to go and so on.

This would answer a TON of questions that you know will get asked 10 times a day every day.