PDA

View Full Version : Blind Troubles

Hubble
05-17-2003, 05:57 AM
I have been working very hard on my game as of lately trying to plug as many leaks as I can. I do realize that the blinds are a money losing position but I still think I am losing more than I should!!! Example I have A 4 suited and have three to five callers, flop an Ace with no face and end up paying off to the river. Or have pocket 88 and two over cards flop and some raising goes on only to shown 55 as the winning hand when the showdown occurs after I am long gone. Any advice would be appreciated!!!! (I seem to get stubburn with my hands and pay off when it is obvious I am in trouble, and fold the winners.)

Al_Capone_Junior
05-17-2003, 12:51 PM
There is no easy way to play top pair, lousy kicker from the BB in an unraised pot. As4d, flop = Ac Tc 9h. Six limpers. You're damned if you do, and damned in you don't. Let's not even get into the ugly situations when you have Kx or Qx. I guess if you're in doubt, the more players are in the pot, the more inclined you should be to fold.

Don't sweat the 88 thing. Just keep notes on which players play underpairs to the river.

The blinds don't have to be a money losing position, you just have to use more discretion when you've got a trash hand and flop something like one pair.

BacMan
05-17-2003, 01:46 PM
With a hand like A4s, with several players in the pot, you may want to go for a check raise if a late position player bets on a steal. If there is a lot of action when you check, now you can make an easy fold.