PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator

mrgold
09-30-2005, 11:11 PM
I just watched the movie Gladiator and something interesting occured to me. Is Maximus the father of Lucius (the son of the sister of Commodus)? It was made clear that they used to lovers and in a number of sceenes he had a strong attatchment to the kid. Anyone know one way or the other for sure?

pokerdirty
09-30-2005, 11:20 PM
you are a moron. it's the sister's son, and nephew of commodus.

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think you are the moron.

swede123
09-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I never really thought about it that much, but now that you mention it I guess it's a possibility.

Swede

jakethebake
10-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Maybe Commodus or Maximus will answer this for us?

DangerGoodson
10-01-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Commodus or Maximus will answer this for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP obviously posted this thread with the sole intention of getting a response from Commodus...

djoyce003
10-01-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that unless she's Mary, mother of jesus, or cartman's mom, that a man is required to have a baby as well....

10-01-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just watched the movie Gladiator and something interesting occured to me. Is Maximus the father of Lucius (the son of the sister of Commodus)? It was made clear that they used to lovers and in a number of sceenes he had a strong attatchment to the kid. Anyone know one way or the other for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never noticed this in the past but now that you mention it I am pretty sure there are many clues to this in the movie. As Maxiumus does have a strong connection with the kid and also it is very clear that the mom used to be his lover.

10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
It is a movie combining some fiction and some fact, my friend, although my acting talent turned it into one of the greatest movies of all times. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

theben
10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
no

good movie tho

exist
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
just stop while everyone still hates you.

smb394
10-01-2005, 01:21 PM
The kid mentions how he was the son of Lucius Farrus. I don't think he is Maximus' kid. Maximus knew his father (probably served with him in the Legions)

ptmusic
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The kid mentions how he was the son of Lucius Farrus. I don't think he is Maximus' kid. Maximus knew his father (probably served with him in the Legions)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the above, UNLESS the Mom/Sis made up the father, because she and Maximus parted ways and he had a different family. As another poster mentioned, there are some obvious clues connecting the kid with Maximus.

But If I had to vote, I'd say Maximus was not the father.

-ptmusic

mrgold
10-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I appreciate all the replies so far
[ QUOTE ]
no

good movie tho

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you say no?

Sightless
10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a movie combining all fiction and no fact, my friend, although my acting talent turned it into one of the greatest movies of all times. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP