PDA

View Full Version : Top and bottom

ahnuld
09-30-2005, 10:10 PM
400nl on party. Effective stacks are 400. Im in the BB with 48 and get a free look. 2 limpers and sb come along.

Flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I lead for pot 20, and the the two limpers call. Turn is the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Do I lead again here and if so for how much?

Allinlife
09-30-2005, 10:21 PM
3/4~full

gol4pro
09-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Depending on how likely they are to be drawing...

most of the time potting it is good b/c a CR won't work. If you think one has a made hand that he'll bet, then I CR every time... but you better be damn sure it's going to work.

rwperu34
10-01-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how likely they are to be drawing...

most of the time potting it is good b/c a CR won't work. If you think one has a made hand that he'll bet, then I CR every time... but you better be damn sure it's going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what are the made hands that top and bottom are ahead of here?

Lead again or check/call? OOP, I go ahead and check/call against an unkown. I'm not so in love with this hand that I won't fold it if the action gets ugly on the river (or the turn for that matter). I mean, there is a made straight out there already. 87 is a likely holding, plus the dreaded set.

Check the turn. You have a decision to make if someone pots it behind you. If they check through, value bet a non scare card (of which there aren't many) and check/decide on a scare card.

Lucky
10-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Bet the turn for 60, fold to big raise. Check/call river.

ahnuld
10-01-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I did. I lead for 60 on turn, and they both called again. River was an offsuit Q. Check call and if so how much before I should fold?

fsuplayer
10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I did. I lead for 60 on turn, and they both called again. River was an offsuit Q. Check call and if so how much before I should fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant comment on this hand within the 400NL games, bc i have never really played them, but i would check call almost anything here in the 2k games.

neither of them have big hands, and at least one has a draw, so i bet this sometimes, and check call it the rest.

the turn and river were great for your hand, which is why i lean towards betting 60% pot maybe. unless on of the limpers is very aggro, in which case id be more likely to check.