PDA

View Full Version : Why does Party's software suck?

beernutz
05-17-2003, 12:55 AM
I am sitting in a $3/6 game and watching the game stats in the main window and the two bear absolutely no resemblance to one another. The game will be full but the stats will show 8 or 9 players. The wait list will be empty but there will be 2 or 3 people waiting. How freaking hard is it to get the stats right? Its just simple division. Say what you will about Paradise, at least the stats bear some reasonable connection to reality.

GrannyMae
05-17-2003, 01:17 AM
there is a meeting this week at foxwoods with lucy jones from party. from what i surmise, there were invitations sent to meet her for cocktails on sat, 5/24.

there must have been some MAJOR error, cuz i got an invitation. anyway, this is the one question that i had for her, and plan on coming up with a few more. i'm quite sure she will regret inviting me, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. i'll get in as many as i can before security removes me and takes me to a dark interrogation room and works me over.
(one can pray, no??) http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcop.gifhttp://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcop.gifhttp://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcop.gif

anyone else from 2+2 going to this thing?

onlinechamp
05-17-2003, 01:19 AM
I like partypoker I just think during tournaments the all ins go super quick.

BBill
05-17-2003, 04:44 AM
Actually Granny I'm planning on writing a letter to Party support about the tournaments. As onlinec says the all-ins are too quick, but also if ya get knocked out of a tourny a large gray box pops up and blocks the screen, cards and everything else before you get to see the community cards for the play in question. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Other than that I think the software is okay.
http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/profesion/contrato.gif

bbill

Stew
05-17-2003, 10:30 AM
What do you guys mean by the "all-in's" going too quick?

I wish that on all-ins the players cards would be exposed before the board cards are exposed or finsished being exposed and they would slow down the rate at which the board cards are shown in those situations. Just my opinion.

I think that's what you guys mean. Thanks Granny, enjoy your lunch!

pokerhacker
05-17-2003, 10:42 AM
YOUR RIGHT!

The stats at party are the worse in the industry!

I seen tables that said 8 players with no wait list but
yet it is a full table and others on wait list.

The tournaments at party dont display the correct chip
leader or chips for the players. Dont display the correct level.

The rake they start taking .50 at a $5.00 everytime to get the most money they can from you.

DOES PARTY CARE? NO THEY DONT! THEY GOT THE PLAYERS NOW SO NOW THEY THINK THEY CAN HAVE THE WORST SOFTWARE AND THE HIGHEST RAKE ONLINE AND STILL SURVIVE!

OH BY THE WAY IM SURE MANY WILL AGREE THAT PARTYPOKER HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER help online right now. they have no idea how to help you or what to do except give you the run around.

best thing to do is avoid partypoker and play at another site dont support a site that dont support its players and dont listen to the players ideas.

lorinda
05-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Maybe you could ask them the following questions:

1) Why do they use two yoghurt cartons and a piece of string instead of a standard internet connection.

2) Why do their customer service people have no ability to tell between a newbie who can't use the software and someone who has played there for months who has a "real" problem.

3)a) Why their rule for cancelled tourneys splits the money from those knocked out equally between each player rather than per chip.

3)b) Why they can't even enforce a) properly, particuarly so when small sums of money are involved.

3)c) Why a) and b) are relevant at least three times a week rather than just occasionally.

4) Why their email support is so slow.

5) Why their live support uses fictitious names, we know they are in India, they cant all be called Smith Jones and Brown.

6) Why the chat box doesn't take upper case letters.

7) Why the lobby has very little actual bearing on what is going on at the tables.

8) Why registration closes 15 mins before a tourney begins.

9) Why the tourney lobby doesn't update unless you ask it to when you are trying to see how many are left in.

10) Why they claim to have "The best value in poker" for a tournament that has registration fees at three of the four levels.

11) Why it always has the incredibly annoying "Your connection is Very Good" at the top of the screen, when you know full well you have reconnected 12 times in the last 20 minutes.

There are more too, but I'm sure others will point them out.

Lori

RollaJ
05-17-2003, 07:25 PM
ya, number 8..... thats what I was thinking