PDA

View Full Version : handshake question

meleader2
09-30-2005, 08:53 PM
on my way out of a bar after having free drinks for 2 hours (i had about 8) i went up to the hottest chick in the bar and told her that she had the hottest ass in the place and blah blah blah.

i instantly left (i just told her for kicks) and she tugged on my hoodie to get my attention outside (she followed me).

to introduce myself i gave her a drunkene handshake which she gave back, but then in the middle of the handshake she exclainmed that it was kind of weak. i told her i was watsetd and she agreed ethat i was and she was.

i then proceeded to flirt with her and her with me, but when the time came for the # close it was a no go. now, the real question is that perhaps, subconsiously, she thought the weak handshake was the detremental factor in my dealings with her.

does/did anyone ever notice that perhaps a SINGLE slithgt mistake like a handshake might mess up a #/kiss close with a girl? this chick was 10/10 for the girls in the place (8/10 overall).

thanks in advance and i apologize for my durnkennesss..

<3,

meleader2, time to get back to dirnking

Brainwalter
09-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Haha girly man.

Tron
09-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Yes. Handshakes really are as important as your father taught you. And if he didn't, he should have.

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Do you have any idea how many germs are exchanged through a handshake?

rJ

private joker
09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
In my experience girls hate the double standard handshake -- firm for guys, weak for girls. Girls want it firm just like the guys get it, so when you take their hand, squeeze it tight. The reason she responded to you at first was because you had balls and went up to her saying she was hot and macking on the hottie. She liked the confidence. Then she shakes your hand, and you wimp out like a puss with a feeble little tug. Girls aren't china dolls. Take their hand and pump it like a man.

[This post is now open to several baudy FYPs that take advantange of the double entendres I purposely included]

09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Give 'em the dirty sanchez stiff and rigid hand shake

ononimo
09-30-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<3,

meleader2

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i've isolated your problem: stop being a girl.

09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
no, i think it has more to do with the fact that you were a drunken idiot who told a girl that she had "The best a.ss in the room".

Nice first impression bro. What are you... 18?

meleader2
10-01-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, i think it has more to do with the fact that you were a drunken idiot who told a girl that she had "The best a.ss in the room".

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we're all 18 because we do things for kicks. i didn't care if i had received a positive response, i was leaving. the mere fact that i had a positive response and i WAS drunk and wasn't thinking that perhaps i was missing out on certain tells that, if sober, i would have picked up on/been able to accomadate for.

meleader2
10-01-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<3,

meleader2

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i've isolated your problem: stop being a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope your avatar isn't actually a picture of you...

10-01-2005, 01:04 AM
shaking a girl's hand is different than shaking man's, i have had guy's crush my hand and i just thought to myself, "you aren't going to impress me with your handshake."

on the other hand you don't want to give them the dead fish either. something in between, but i am affectionate you could just give me a hug even if you just met me i wouldn't care /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Johnnyj580
10-01-2005, 01:04 AM
I've actually asked NUMEROUS women (well, more like 5 or 6) through various conversation. The resounding answer and what I now take as fact is this:

When meeting a woman they DO want a firm handshake. A handshake that lets them know you ARE in fact a man, but at the same time don't go overboard and crush thier hand.

We've all shaken some dude's hand at one time or another where it became a battle of ego and you're both squeezing far harder than is necesarry. Not gonna lie, I've been one-upped in a few of those myself. I pride myself on a solid handshake and I've left really disappointed in my play a few times.

But back to your question, woman want a MAN (in less they're a lesbian, in which case I'm lost), bottom line.

10-01-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When meeting a woman they DO want a firm handshake. A handshake that lets them know you ARE in fact a man, but at the same time don't go overboard and crush thier hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is good advice.

istewart
10-01-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my experience girls like it when you jump on 2+2 right after boning them and ask in which direction a man's schlong lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
10-01-2005, 01:14 AM
hit the gym, sissy!

private joker
10-01-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much, evie.

10-01-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much, evie.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry, you did say this first. i am suck a noob /images/graemlins/mad.gif

mmbt0ne
10-01-2005, 01:20 AM
You gotta be able to adjust handshake stiffness in a split second n00b.

siccjay
10-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Yes, any little thing can turn a chick off.

It also could have been the excuse you made. You should have just gave her another handshake or blamed it on her.

siccjay
10-01-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey moran. Did you miss the part where the girl followed him and tugged on his hoodie? This was after he went up and talked to her. Jackass.

InchoateHand
10-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Eh.

diebitter
10-01-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate that.

siccjay
10-01-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

If only we were as lucky as this guy....

http://www.jasonbentley.org/blog/img/enzyte1.jpg

Blarg
10-01-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've actually asked NUMEROUS women (well, more like 5 or 6) through various conversation. The resounding answer and what I now take as fact is this:

We've all shaken some dude's hand at one time or another where it became a battle of ego and you're both squeezing far harder than is necesarry. Not gonna lie, I've been one-upped in a few of those myself. I pride myself on a solid handshake and I've left really disappointed in my play a few times.

But back to your question, woman want a MAN (in less they're a lesbian, in which case I'm lost), bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's something to this.

Women definitely want a man. Often even to the extent of a caricature of one. And sometimes they enjoy displays of strength that to a guy might seem overboard. An old girlfriend often told me to hug her harder and she even wanted to be hugged harder after her vertebrae started popping. We'd both laugh, and I don't know why she dug it, but she did.

But in general, I think they like a firm, confident touch. That's more masculine than overcompensating by trying to crush a woman's hand, which is totally inappropriate. No dead fish, either. Don't be a nut, but be a man.

I've heard a lot of women say men's hands are really sexy and that they're one of the things they like checking out on men first. It sounds a bit like baloney to me, but I've come to believe it a little bit, because so many women have said it and because I think women's hands are sometimes very beautiful and expressive of femininity; they probably think men's hands express their masculinity, too. Well, not probably; they've actually told me that, but I used to think it was sillier than I do now.

I'm sure you've noticed that women who are attracted to you will often hold your hand for a really long time, or just leave the hand lightly touching your hand for quite a while after a handshake. A pretty reliable signal, and they seem to love to flirt that way. When you said you shook hands with her and she didn't like it, the first thing I thought was, was she doing, or trying to do, the lingering hold/touching thing, and you pulled back without thinking like a drunken moron?

If so, that would make you look either stupid, way too drunk to deal with, or like you were actively rejecting her. Not a guy on his toes, that's for sure.

lu_hawk
10-01-2005, 02:44 AM
get down on one knee and kiss her hand. what is wrong with you people.

Blarg
10-01-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta be able to adjust handshake stiffness in a split second n00b.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, a handshake is an informal interview regarding penis control.

jakethebake
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Handshakes really are as important as your father taught you. And if he didn't, he should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but fathers generally teach boys how to shake hands with men, not girls. I must say I don't shake hands exactly the same, although I don't do the weak little limp-wristed thing with them either.

Jimbo
10-01-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
get down on one knee and kiss her twat . what is wrong with you people.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
handshakes are just awkward. skip them altogether

wh1t3bread
10-01-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on my hoodie

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your failure has less to do with your handshake and more to do with that fact that you wore a hooded sweatshirt to a bar. Buy a decent shirt dammit.

jakethebake
10-01-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on my hoodie

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your failure has less to do with your handshake and more to do with that fact that you wore a hooded sweatshirt to a bar. Buy a decent shirt dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking this too. Who wears a hoodie?

Yeti
10-01-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

However depending on my state of drunkenness I may kiss their hand.

10-01-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i say just go in for a kiss on her mouth. she was tugging at his hoodie afterall. she was not looking for a handshake trust me.

jakethebake
10-01-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been that drunk. I do it after sex sometimes though. I have no idea why.

meleader2
10-01-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shaking a girl's hand is different than shaking man's, i have had guy's crush my hand and i just thought to myself, "you aren't going to impress me with your handshake."

on the other hand you don't want to give them the dead fish either. something in between, but i am affectionate you could just give me a hug even if you just met me i wouldn't care /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

aw hell, you see i wasn't even thinking. the hug is a great idea...i was just completely shocked she followed me outside that within the next 3 seconds all i could think of was "how do i get in her pants how do i get in her pants" and went with the handshake.

jakethebake
10-01-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all i could think of was "how do i get in her pants how do i get in her pants"

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your problem, grasshopper. Watch Tao of Steve 10 times, then try again.

meleader2
10-01-2005, 10:52 AM
after she said that it was a weak handshake i said ok let's start over, and we proceeded to 3 more handshakes with each one, yes, her lingering on my hand. i think though i cannot pull a hug out on the first meeting of someone until it's time to say goodbye...a hug hello just strikes me as odd and none of my friends that are women do it.

but ya i completely agree that kinesthetics are key to keeping their attention even if it is just for flirting. but the results were she was too intoxicated and was just using me as an intellectual whore / a way to boost her self esteem...she just wanted to hear about how hot she was.

meleader2
10-01-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on my hoodie

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking this too. Who wears a hoodie?

[/ QUOTE ]

my car is in the shop:

well my explanation is that i got up at 6:30 am that day for college, rode my bike to the subway and took the subway to the bus and took the bus to north campus. it sounds like a lot but only takes an hour.

i got home from college at 5 pm, my friend bri-ann called and said from 6pm - 7pm there is a special at a bar up the street all you can drink and eat so i had no time to change, 7 of us each got 2 pitchers and proceeded to pound them and 6$ in quarters to play billiards.

i know how to dress, friends of OOT, this is situational.

Blarg
10-01-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been that drunk. I do it after sex sometimes though. I have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Hand kissing is hard to picture doing when you're not either drunk or already going at it, in which case anything that comes in range is fair game for kissing.

10-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Wow, so did he blow his load when this happened?

I know we all remember the first time a girl tugged our hoodie from behind... boy, what a rush. It's enough to tell everyone at 2+2 about.

What age is too old for this to happen? My friend is 20 and this hasn't happened for him yet. He's wondering if he's g.ay, or if he should see a hoodie prostitute.

Also, do you have to use protection when you let a girl tug on your hoodie?

samjjones
10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on my hoodie

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't question this. Obviously, the OP's "WTF" attitude was working for him in this instance. If instead of the weak handshake he had kissed the back of her hand medieval style while keeping eye contact, he would have been "in".

dibbs
10-03-2005, 10:57 AM
A chick that recognizes and places value in a solid handshake knows whats up, you may have fcked it up already, but you should persue it anyways.

Thou must establish dominance early.