PDA

View Full Version : Would love some thoughts on these 150$+10$ satellite hands.

KSakuraba
09-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I dont play much satellites and seem to drop out in the last spots without the seat more often than should so i really would like to hear some comments about few hands that i've been going through in my head lately.
Satellite is 150$+10$ to a 1500$ online event on sunday. ~80 people started,so 7 seats and 8th gets a nice ~1200$.

All hands happen in a pretty simular situation, 2 tables left, there is one huge chip leader with 25% of the chips and 2.-12. are just amount of few blinds apart so the showtime is about to start.

First hand should be pretty basic,ignore if it is but it made me think a while.

Hero has ~8k, so does villain.
blinds 200/400
18 left

Villain has been very tight for the last few stages,have seen him raise once i think...no-one called.

Villain min-raises from utg, all fold to hero in MP who sees AQo and...folds.

Fire away...

Second hand is the one that bothers me the most.Villain in this one also has been very tight and i have kept him as my main blind donator throughout the tournament, he has never shown any resistance.

Hero ~7k, has villain covered by few hundred
blinds 200/400
16 left

Hero raises to 1000 from utg with TT, all fold to villain in MP+1, who pushes. Hero...folds.

Is this in any way defendable in means of "getting better edges later on" or is the action-time now??

Hand 3
Villain 1 is same as in the hand 2,he doubled up few hands ago and has been limping in ever since. Villain 2 hasn't shown anything extraordinary, a bit tight-passive maybe.

Hero(bb) has ~6300 after posting the blind
Both villains have hero covered.
Blinds 300/600
14 left

Villain1 limps from MP, Villain2 limps from button, hero sees 66 and pushes.

Im really lost with these satellite-things so any comments on any hand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Saku

KSakuraba
10-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Are these really THAT standard that no reason to answer? I wanna know how if they are!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

betgo
10-01-2005, 09:27 AM
What's the $1500 online event on Sunday?

kuro
10-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I think you played fine.

Hand 1, you had a guy that you thought was really tight min-raising utg which is not something you want to get involved with holding AQ.

Hand 2 you raised from UTG with TT and had a guy that your read is tight come over the top of you and TT fairs really badly vs. the range you put him on. Good Fold.

Hand 3, you're short stacked and took a chance with a pocket pair where the most likely outcome is villains fold to you or you take a flip. Looks good.

KSakuraba
10-01-2005, 10:07 AM
It's a european site www.ladbrokes.com. (http://www.ladbrokes.com.) On Prima network i think.

Main Event

15:15 BST: THE MAIN EVENT $1,500 No Limit Hold’Em with a $150,000 guaranteed minimum prize pool and fantastic 30 minute blind intervals and 3,000 starting chips. With this incredible structure and Ladbrokespoker.com’s higher hand speeds, this must be one of the best tournaments to be found in online poker.

The last phrase might be debatable though... /images/graemlins/wink.gif