PDA

View Full Version : hand against arkady

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:40 PM
i'm in the BB with Ac4c. 5 handed. 2 Fish (one of whom is very laggy), one LAGTAG, and me and arkady.

LAGGY fish calls CO, button folds, Arkady raises in the SB, I call in the BB with Ac4c, CO calls.

Flop JJ5 two spades

arkady bets, I raise (planning to bet any non-K on the turn), CO folds

Turn Kc

Arkady checks, I check

River 2d

Arkady bets....

Fold? anyone like this line?

B Dids
09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Is the co calling with any piece? Does he have a piece here v. often?

3-way, I feel like letting this go.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the co calling with any piece? Does he have a piece here v. often?

3-way, I feel like letting this go.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops CO folded

B Dids
09-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Where?

Chris Daddy Cool
09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
not a big fan, but whatever.

ez fold on the river.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:52 PM
how many ppl just lay this down on the flop?

that's my standard play but i felt like i needed to mix things up so that arkady doesn't think he can isolate the LAG with any two decent cards.

Entity
09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many ppl just lay this down on the flop?

that's my standard play but i felt like i needed to mix things up so that arkady doesn't think he can isolate the LAG with any two decent cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just lay it down on the flop. Looks like the sort of board where a lot of hands are calling you down, no?

Rob

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 08:31 PM
you need a higher kicker to proceed with this on the flop. until you find arkady isolating the limper with random holdings you shouldnt just assume it.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you need a higher kicker to proceed with this on the flop. until you find arkady isolating the limper with random holdings you shouldnt just assume it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kicker do you suggest? 7? T? Q? do you like this play if arkady HAS been isolating the limper?

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 08:40 PM
it depends what range you put arkady on, if you give me that ill give you my opinion of what i think is necessary to play back at him on this flop.

right now without knowing much about arkady i would put him on:

A8o+, A6s+, KTo+, K9s+, 77+, QTs+, JTs+.

against that range of hands i would fold any ace on the flop that i wouldnt have 3bet with preflop.