PDA

View Full Version : Making Most Money Possible

09-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Besides moving up in limits and simply playing more, am I missing anything I could be doing to make my poker playing even more profitable? I currently have Poker Tracker, Multi-Table-Helper, and am multi-tabling 8 table (NL $25). I obviously do the bonuses whenever I have the chance to. But what else could I be doing, if anything? Thanks in advance for your help.

09-30-2005, 07:32 PM
win more pots?

09-30-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
win more pots?

[/ QUOTE ]
why are there always idiots that give no help at all, but feel like they have to talk? love em

09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer.

What do you seriously expect from this thread?

You want to win more, without playing for longer or by moving up. Therefore you have to win more in the time you're playing.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

09-30-2005, 07:50 PM
there are actually people who think a little more outside the box than 'uh, um...just play better man'
eg. programs/ideas

09-30-2005, 07:52 PM
okay fine, didn't mean to offend.

i wish you every sucess in future.

G.

haakee
09-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Learn to play better.

ddss6_99
09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are actually people who think a little more outside the box than 'uh, um...just play better man'

[/ QUOTE ]

Lose less. How's that for outside the box?

09-30-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Learn to play better.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, you must have not read the discussion in this same thread, never cease to be astonised of the people going out of there way to rididule/be rude to people

09-30-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lose less. How's that for outside the box?

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for showing me your intelligence level

09-30-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...wow, you must have not read the discussion in this same thread, never cease to be astonised of the people going out of there way to rididule/be rude to people

[/ QUOTE ]

Some posts are just sooooooo tempting! They must be shot at. They must not be passed by. Didn't you get the memo?

BTW, I suggest the OP win, not more, but bigger pots. Then he can cut down on his playing time.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-30-2005, 08:09 PM
This thread should have been called "Only Jerks Respond"

My search begins! Any intelligent, friendly people on 2+2?

4thstreetpete
09-30-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi HyperionMark, just ignore these jerks. There are a lot of unfriendly people here on 2+2. My advice, just try to play good and try to win more than you lose. That way you'll make the most money possible. Hope this helps.

09-30-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi HyperionMark, just ignore these jerks. There are a lot of unfriendly people here on 2+2. My advice, just try to play good and try to win more than you lose. That way you'll make the most money possible. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

JihadOnTheRiver
09-30-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
am multi-tabling 8 table (NL $25)

[/ QUOTE ]

for god sakes, move up man.

ctv1116
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
What you're looking for does not exist. Poker is not free money, you need to put in work to learn the game.

papilindo
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi hype, this may sound obvious but have u considered cutting the numb. of tables ur playing? I went from 8 down to six and my win rate improved so that i was then able to move up in limits as my reads etc improved. just a thought, gl

fire_fly
10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Ok, no one seemed to help so...

You got rakeback? Get it.

Bonus whore every site under the sun.

Ever think about getting another monitor? 12 tables would be better than 8...

Try limit? Or bbj tables on party, pretty damn fishy to at least 2/4. I'm talkin REALLY fishy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex/Mugaaz
10-01-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides moving up in limits and simply playing more, am I missing anything I could be doing to make my poker playing even more profitable? I currently have Poker Tracker, Multi-Table-Helper, and am multi-tabling 8 table (NL $25). I obviously do the bonuses whenever I have the chance to. But what else could I be doing, if anything? Thanks in advance for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part 2+2 suffers from groupthink and way too clubby causing a lot of posts with no replies or just one liners. This post however while good in intent is just bad.

10-01-2005, 11:42 AM
dont think this is such a stupid question, as everbody playing online wishes to make the best results possible in moneygaining. some liners:
- table selection
- Good rakeback deal
- good bonuses more $/hand i would look for, dont go for the 10.000 hollywood poker bonus LOL
- when you are focused play higher up, when not focused play lower limits , but with more tables open (also helps to get yourself more focused.
- only focus on game, dont do anything else (having trouble with that one myself
/images/graemlins/blush.gif
- enjoy your good folds/value bets, helpes you to keep motivated.
- take regulars breaks/eat healty/be happy/etc etc

evil_twin
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Your problem is quite obviously that you are not 12 tabling.

Justin A
10-01-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After you made an [censored] reply nobody really wanted to respond nicely.

As for your question, you're looking for a quick fix to help you win more. They don't exist. So when people tell you to get better at poker they're being serious.

smb394
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Use the search function.

Neal_Schon
10-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Listen to Journey while you play.

Guthrie
10-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Try some other games. How do you know NL$25 is your best game? Although I had studied limit hold 'em for months, read stacks of books, and played tens of thousands of hands with a reasonable winrate, I tried NL sngs and found them far more profitable in terms of money risked and time spent playing.

BottlesOf
10-01-2005, 02:39 PM
The question you asked is really dumb, hence the responses you're getting.

bottomset
10-01-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listen to Journey while you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

worked for me

bryan4967
10-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Consider having at least one of your tables be at pokerstars.net. It really helped me tweak my game.

jzpiano14
10-01-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you respond like a dousche bag, those are going to be the only answers your going to get

MicroBob
10-01-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're looking for a quick fix to help you win more. They don't exist. So when people tell you to get better at poker they're being serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

if you want to get better at poker you're probably going to need to play fewer tables so you can better focus on your opponents (instead of playing ABC-poker on auto-pilot).

you should read-up in the NL forums and really THINK and then RE-THINK your strategy and what you are doing right and wrong.

You might think you are 'pretty good' now....
but if you really work on improving your game, then 6 to 12 to 18 mths from now you will look back on the player you are now and realize that you just weren't as good as you thought you were.

Focus on improving your game. To do that, playing fewer tables may be best for you in the long-run.

geo8o2
10-02-2005, 12:38 AM
cut down on tables.. hone ur skills, fix ur leaks.. and move up in limits.

obsidian
10-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Rakeback. Oh, and get better at poker. Post hands, read comments from experienced players, move up, etc. Don't expect there to be any easy ways.

10-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Try onlinepropping.com, great rakeback company, always pays ontime, usually pays 100% rakeback, great for somebody trying to grind their way through the lower and middle limits, I did this for a bit and found it to be very profitable.

Punker
10-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Get PokerVillain from www.pokervillain.com (http://www.pokervillain.com) and spend one hour a day reviewing your hands. Then post the 3 most interesting or difficult ones here.

sations
10-02-2005, 02:33 PM
multi-table-helper? now I think I am missing something can anyone clue me in to what this is?

tonypaladino
10-02-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider having at least one of your tables be at pokerstars.net. It really helped me tweak my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus you can like play with greg and chris.. w00t

Punker
10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Think of a raw hand history as a DVD. Think of this program as a DVD player.

wall_st
10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try onlinepropping.com, great rakeback company, always pays ontime, usually pays 100% rakeback, great for somebody trying to grind their way through the lower and middle limits, I did this for a bit and found it to be very profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try spamming the forums!

DeeJ
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get PokerVillain from www.pokervillain.com (http://www.pokervillain.com) and spend one hour a day reviewing your hands. Then post the 3 most interesting or difficult ones here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their forums have been hacked. Funny.