PDA

View Full Version : My computer crashed and i lost all my hands in Poker Tracker HELP !

09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
i had to run a recovery cd in order to use my computre again, so i lost everything on it. the only thing i need to get back is poker tracker (or at least the hands).

PT does make some sorta backup, but im lost and need help.

im on msn as aj6594@hotmail.com and yahoo messenger as aj6594. or you can reply to this post as i will be checking every 10 minuites or so. ty

cgwahl
09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Do you make backups of your hard drive?

The backups PT makes goes into the PT directory so thats lost.

You can try to use some recovery software on the internet, but that is assuming the data didn't get overwritten already.
Will see if I can find one that is decent...what operating system do you use?

Also, if you really want to try to recover the data (assuming its still there), I highly recommend you stop using that computer and use a different one for the time being.

09-30-2005, 09:38 PM
i use 2002 windows XP. i do apreciate any help you can give me. i dont make backups of my hard drive (its a laptop if that makes a difference)

cgwahl
09-30-2005, 10:57 PM
http://shsc.info/DataRecovery#titelanker8

Here are a couple from the list.
ftp://ftp2.convar.com/pcinspector/pci_filerecovery.exe

http://www.handyrecovery.com/index.shtml

Problem is, by installing these you risk the chance of overwriting what you want to salvage. Plus, I can't guarantee how good any of these would be. Its safe to install this on another system and view through that, but you probably don't have that luxury since this is on a laptop.

smoore
10-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Sorry man... you probably just learned the importance of backups. Do not pass go, do not collect 200k hands.

Sucks, huh?

Try those data recovery programs, you have nothing to lose. You overwrote that data once formatting your drive with the recovery CD.

10-01-2005, 06:23 PM
When you used the recovery CD, it reformatted your hard drive. The good news is that reformatting doesn't physically overwrite your entire hard drive, it only overwrites the file systems, so the raw data still exists.

The bad news is that every second you use your computer, that data gets overwritten... especially if you are browsing the internet or installing/saving things. If you must get your data back, your best option is to stop using the laptop and try using another computer to help with data recovery.

Second best option is to install a data recovery program on your laptop and rescue as much data as possible. These programs usually cost some money, and the one I am most familiar with is GetDataBack. It might be cheaper to bring your laptop to a computer tech in your area and let them recover your data - they basically use the same programs.

Good Luck!

MisterW

CORed
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had to run a recovery cd in order to use my computre again, so i lost everything on it. the only thing i need to get back is poker tracker (or at least the hands).

PT does make some sorta backup, but im lost and need help.

im on msn as aj6594@hotmail.com and yahoo messenger as aj6594. or you can reply to this post as i will be checking every 10 minuites or so. ty

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too late for the OP, but this is why you need to make backups. Most likely his poker tracker database is gone forever.