PDA

View Full Version : Getting "cute" HU against the BB

shant
09-30-2005, 07:02 PM
This play needs a name. I think it should be called the "cutie" in tribute to Bob's sexy. You know, since it's like the sexy, but a little premature.

I got the play from a thread Carlo posted in Mid-High a while back and I like it. BB in this hand is LAGTAG (31/12/2).

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: I am the SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nick C
09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, it would work against me.

If I had, say, 64s in the BB, I would probably bet here.

Edit: Then again, if I had something like 87o, would I bet here or check with outs? I'm not sure. But, in any event, your LAGTAG opponent isn't me, and your play looks like a good one to me.

thesharpie
09-30-2005, 07:07 PM
As long as you check here with a missed hand, or he has a history of pouncing on turn weakness. I usually bet here with a missed hand so I'd bet here too, I might get to 3 bet.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
sometimes it's even cuter when you get to bet-3bet the turn.

but this spot isnt horrible to c/r IMO.

SackUp
09-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I love seeing new plays, but how much long term value do you think this play has?

I want the guy to be pretty aggressive if I'm making this move and I also want him seeing lots of showdowns if I'm making this move.

private joker
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
I do this a lot, but I don't like it on this board. The flop was straight-draw-heavy and now there's two spades on the board. If I were villain on a draw, I'd check behind.

Catt
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
This play has a name already, I believe: a screwplay. NLSoldier's been posting lots of screwplay hands in HUSH over the last several weeks.

shant
09-30-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This play has a name already, I believe: a screwplay. NLSoldier's been posting lots of screwplay hands in HUSH over the last several weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, I completely forgot about the screwplay name. OK, I /images/graemlins/heart.gif the screwplay.

shant
09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do this a lot, but I don't like it on this board. The flop was straight-draw-heavy and now there's two spades on the board. If I were villain on a draw, I'd check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe part of the reasoning behind the check being OK is that the pot is small enough that giving a free card to a draw is not such a big deal.

Entity
09-30-2005, 11:07 PM
If I said &lt;yawn&gt;, you wouldn't be pissed at me, would you? I mean, you'd still /images/graemlins/heart.gif Entity, right?

jason_t
09-30-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I said &lt;yawn&gt;, you wouldn't be pissed at me, would you? I mean, you'd still /images/graemlins/heart.gif jason_t, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog
10-01-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe part of the reasoning behind the check being OK is that the pot is small enough that giving a free card to a draw is not such a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif