PDA

View Full Version : TT with a freaky board

Cumulonimbus
09-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Villian is 47/0/.53 over 30 hands. Was the pot to small to call down on the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selacahian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nimbus is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Nimbus calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Nimbus calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Luv2DriveTT
09-30-2005, 07:05 PM
What are you afraid of? the is only ONE CARD in the whole deck that beats you for a flush, or exactly Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a straight flush. you are good 99% of the time. Cap the turn.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you afraid of? the is only ONE CARD in the whole deck that beats you for a flush, or exactly Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a straight flush. you are good 99% of the time. Cap the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh i think this is excessive...i dont think a 9 c/r that turn too often so i'll prolly just get weak and call down...but you could raise the river i guess

Cumulonimbus
09-30-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phh, I almost folded. That CR had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif written all over it. But I called down in case he was slowplaying trips or something. Plus, who folds a royal flush draw?

Luv2DriveTT
09-30-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh i think this is excessive...i dont think a 9 c/r that turn too often so i'll prolly just get weak and call down...but you could raise the river i guess

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said 3-bet the turn - that was my error. We don't have a real read on the villain yet, we have no idea if he is capable check-raising 2 pair here, or even if he is agressive yet... we need to wait for more hands to get a better picture on that. But it does seem as if he will probably call down if he is losing.. 3-bet is best in the long run.

Luv2DriveTT
09-30-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phh, I almost folded. That CR had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif written all over it. But I called down in case he was slowplaying trips or something. Plus, who folds a royal flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop looking under the bed for 1 card monsters, they rarely exist... and when they do I hope you always lose the maximum. Because when you don't you will have won the maximum.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said 3-bet the turn - that was my error. We don't have a real read on the villain yet, we have no idea if he is capable check-raising 2 pair here, or even if he is agressive yet... we need to wait for more hands to get a better picture on that. But it does seem as if he will probably call down if he is losing.. 3-bet is best in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't raising the river better if you think you're ahead?

Cumulonimbus
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop looking under the bed for 1 card monsters, they rarely exist... and when they do I hope you always lose the maximum. Because when you don't you will have won the maximum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rare that a passive player checkraises a flushed board and a preflop raiser. Honestly, what are you putting him on here? I've seen passive player check-call his set and straight on a flushed board, never check-raise.

Borodog
09-30-2005, 07:20 PM
There's no way I fold, but there's also no way I lose the max when he has the <font color="red"> Q </font> /images/graemlins/diamond.gif . If he caps my turn 3-bet I just call the river.

Players who keep raising without the nut with 4 of a suit onboard are very, very, very rare. So rare that I think continued reraising without the nuts here is foolhardy.

Cumulonimbus
09-30-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way I fold, but there's also no way I lose the max when he has the <font color="red"> Q </font> /images/graemlins/diamond.gif . If he caps my turn 3-bet I just call the river.

Players who keep raising without the nut with 4 of a suit onboard are very, very, very rare. So rare that I think continued reraising without the nuts here is foolhardy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that... foolhardy.

Luv2DriveTT
10-01-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said 3-bet the turn - that was my error. We don't have a real read on the villain yet, we have no idea if he is capable check-raising 2 pair here, or even if he is aggressive yet... we need to wait for more hands to get a better picture on that. But it does seem as if he will probably call down if he is losing.. 3-bet is best in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't raising the river better if you think you're ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we know he will bet the river? How do we know he will call the raise on the river? And what happens if the villain 3-bets the river? I'm not folding, but the hand may have become significantly more expensive than my line. We have more to gain in the long run by raising the turn.

PS for the OP: we don't know this player is passive, so lets stop assuming he is as passive as you think he is. Results oriented thinking will get you nowhere.