PDA

View Full Version : All the cool kids are doing it

scotty34
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Villain in this hand is 70/10/2. I have a note on him saying he called down with KQo unimproved after 3-betting PF and facing agression on each street.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Yes?

MoDOH
09-30-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain in this hand is 70/10/2. I have a note on him saying he called down with KQo unimproved after 3-betting PF and facing agression on each street.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make it more of a bet than a CR opportuniy donīt you think?

slik
09-30-2005, 05:32 PM
going for the check raise on the river instead of just betting depends on villains aggression. i think there is too strong a chance he'll check behind if you go for the check raise, but will call with a wider range of hands if you bet. so i'd bet with a higher frequency than going for the check raise.

scotty34
09-30-2005, 05:38 PM
With 70% VPIP and 2% AF, I think that qualifies as being aggressive. I'm pretty sure he would bet any pair, and would call with as poor as A high. He would probably bet as a bluff too, and call the C/R out of spite to see what I had.

GetThere1Time
09-30-2005, 05:39 PM
I can dig it. 2 AF is a pretty large number for a guy with 70 VPIP

09-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Bet. He's slightly aggressive, but your note said he likes to call. Who knows, he might even raise you.

GetThere1Time
09-30-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. He's slightly aggressive, but your note said he likes to call. Who knows, he might even raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 AF is a super high number for a guy with a VPIP of 70 so he's probably always going to bet when checked to and check behind on the river, like, never. The question is whether you sexy him or bet/3-bet him. I think a sexy is best though considering even a total LAG would have trouble popping the river when the innocuous 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif peels off, but he's still probably going to bet and call a raise with anything he calls the river with. Plus you make an extra bet when he bluffs.

09-30-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 AF is a super high number for a guy with a VPIP of 70 so he's probably always going to bet when checked to and check behind on the river, like, never. The question is whether you sexy him or bet/3-bet him. I think a sexy is best though considering even a total LAG would have trouble popping the river when the innocuous 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif peels off, but he's still probably going to bet and call a raise with anything he calls the river with. Plus you make an extra bet when he bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure the OP's stats on him are accurate or enough in sample size. He called for 3 streets in that hand with the note and called 2 streets already this hand. Even as a 70, it's hard to maintain a 2.0 factor doing that much calling. I'm biased though because IMO the sexy is over-rated.

09-30-2005, 06:12 PM
i think this is a bad time for sexy. lots of weak pairs and A-highs on this board are just trying to get to SD cheaply. especially, with your read on the villain, bleh.

edit: as a side question, is this preflop raise standard for everyone? i dunno, that looks pretty thin to me.

09-30-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm biased though because IMO the sexy is over-rated.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. there are sooooo many calling stations in this game that are so loose it's almost impossible to put them on a hand. like button in OP's hand, he coldcalled preflop, called the flop and called the turn, the board is 8 high. what are you putting him on? his range is ridiculous. why give them the chance to check behind their crap when they're waiting to call?

Drontier
09-30-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make it more of a bet than a CR opportuniy donīt you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 06:55 PM
I disagree with most of the other posters. I think this is a good spot to checkraise.

09-30-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with most of the other posters. I think this is a good spot to checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? villain has done nothing but call/call/call on 3 streets. on a raggy 8 high board, you really think more hands are going to bet here than call?

i dunno, i respect your opinion but could you elaborate some?

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? villain has done nothing but call/call/call on 3 streets. on a raggy 8 high board, you really think more hands are going to bet here than call?

i dunno, i respect your opinion but could you elaborate some?

[/ QUOTE ]

bk made a post in MHL about this type of hand. when you have the lead the whole way and give it up on the river you are bet at a TON by even passive players. so this spot is good enough to try.

B Dids
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
It's a nice line, but it's just not necessary at 3/6 and kinda dangerous. There's more risk of it getting checked through, plus, how often is he paying off the c/r?

Value bet. Value bet. Value bet.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how often is he paying off the c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

99.74%

JoshuaD
09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: as a side question, is this preflop raise standard for everyone? i dunno, that looks pretty thin to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for me.

B Dids
09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Even 70/10 donks at 3/6 can fold here with nothing sometimes. I still don't like it.

KDawgCometh
09-30-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99.74%

[/ QUOTE ]

at this level?

if this was 5/10 6, then me likey, but he gets paid off a lot and it gets checked through enough I think to not pull this off

B Dids
09-30-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really standard.

09-30-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99.74%

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you provide some documents containing evidence about that number? I think it may actually be a little higher than that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif