PDA

View Full Version : Blah blah blah

Mr. Curious
09-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah!

Blah.

Blah /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
While I agree with you that the decay of modern civilization can be largely attributed to the spread of multiple media sources and the declining value of information available to the public at large, I must take issue with your thesis that the predominant impact of this proliferation is increasing violence and aggressiveness in urban centers.

Rather, I would argue that the disconnect between what we see presented to us through fictional media and what we see around us creates a sense of emptiness and meaninglessness to our lives. Rather than expressing this through aggression, I believe that the predominant effect is a rise in narcissistic self-absorption.

Nevertheless, a well intentioned treatise.

noggindoc
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I agree with you that the decay of modern civilization can be largely attributed to the spread of multiple media sources and the declining value of information available to the public at large, I must take issue with your thesis that the predominant impact of this proliferation is increasing violence and aggressiveness in urban centers.

Rather, I would argue that the disconnect between what we see presented to us through fictional media and what we see around us creates a sense of emptiness and meaninglessness to our lives. Rather than expressing this through aggression, I believe that the predominant effect is a rise in narcissistic self-absorption.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Very NH

09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Thank you all so much.

I'll be here all week.

Don't forget to tip your waitress!

noggindoc
09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

again, excellent stuff...
can you expand? how do you see the disconnect resulting in meaninglessness and hopelessness in our lives?

09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

again, excellent stuff...
can you expand? how do you see the disconnect resulting in meaninglessness and hopelessness in our lives?

[/ QUOTE ]

blah?

DyessMan89
09-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I need more of Scorpio in my lfie.

Jeebus
09-30-2005, 06:14 PM
you're supposed to call him hank.

PokerCad
09-30-2005, 06:35 PM
It is all very funny /images/graemlins/crazy.gifand scary, to people like hand really exist??????????/ /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.......lol,lol

Buck_65
09-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Take a break.

10-01-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take a break.

[/ QUOTE ]
And reflect on your original post.